How to fit a skar IX-8 sub factory box. Please make it sticky.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is a box cutter, sheet of styrofoam (I had a broken styrofoam cooler I used) 8? Self tapping screws between 1” and-2” an impact drill and a marker to mark the holes and preferably spray paint to cover styrofoam looks and possibly slightly poor cutting. In theory you could fit up to a 10” sub before you’ll run into air volume problems just pair it with a amp , if you see behind the box I removed a piece of metal that rattles I believe it supports the plastic I think has to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanna run the plastic you need a spacer so you don’t block the sub from free excursion aka dead subs, bad bass. You also wanna delete this piece to reduce rattle besides plastic..image.jpg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory appearance the styrofoam and stuff is hidden if you didn’t know that this was a aftermarket larger sub you’d think this is factory.
image.jpg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I practically sealed the sub to the box and eliminated nearly all rattle (little hum from the plastic it beats so good.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how the Styrofoam holds up over time. Did you put any batting inside the box, prior to installing the speaker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons