How to disable TC and stabilitrak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Backhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Backhoe I think you are on to something with your description. Being that the truck weight is biasing forward and then a sharp turn, the system can sense those changes and probably is trying to prevent a rollover.

It would be super annoying for sure. Does it act the same on level ground, or going uphill while turning?
I assumed it was just the extra speed being carried into the downhill corner but, I could imagine that sissy little yaw sensor might just be going ballistic with the front end already tilted down going into the turn.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything is going to have all kinds of lights on and maybe even reduced power.

the corvette guys have to disconnect the the steering wheel angle sensor to get everything to default off. without that even on a sports car at the limits it jumps in and does some stuff for you that's annoying.

that worked up to the c7 I don't know about the C8. sometimes the new stuff freaks out even more. but can't hurt to try it. that way abs and the switch controls traction control for the tires spinning some but it doesn't over react to steering angle.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there no way to turn off the traction control in our 2021+ SUVs?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quoting Car and Driver, Conor Hoffman, Mar 29 2021:
"While our skidpad test is not something drivers will replicate on the road, it tells a lot about the performance capabilities of these three-row SUVs.
When asked why the system is so aggressive, Chevy said only that the goal was to "ensure safe vehicle operation for a wide range of driving conditions and driver inputs."
We suspect that the system is limiting the truck's lateral capabilities as a workaround for an engine-oiling weakness, because trailing closely behind every Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, and Yukon on the skidpad is a James Bond–grade cloud of oil smoke."

Is this maybe somehow circuitously related to protecting the DFM system?

In any case, this is just another reason to avoid driving / owning a GMT with a GenV V8.
I don't care for a V8 with multiple personalities.
I also don't care for a stability control system that intervenes far too soon that I also don't have the option of overriding.
Or is this actually a Toyota in disguise?