How To - disable auto headlights Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whemic25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Worked great

These instructions are spot on, just did my modification in the driveway in just under 30 minutes. THANKS A LOT MAN

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this last month, and it works perfect on my 01 Denali. No more HID's coming on when I unlock my doors at night.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my headlights lights would come on at night when I unlock my rig lol

I believe it is in the DIC settings, if you have that feature. I say that because 1, mine have never come on, and 2, I feel like I've seen it.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody used a smaller resistor to trick the BCM into turning the lights on when it is truly dark? I'm thinking if a 1k or 1.5k ohm resistor tricks the truck into believing it's daylight all the time, could a 500 ohm (or something similar) make the truck think it was daylight until it was truly dark out? Thoughts?

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kept my auto headlights with my HIDs. I wired in a voltage sensitive relay between the headlight switch and the passenger headlight. Since this actuates the control module for my HIDs (H13 bi-xenon) it triggers the HIDs only when there's enough voltage. I just turn the auto headlights off with the interior switch before cranking the truck in my garage during the day. Works great.

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
If you depress the dome light kill switch twice it does the same thing. Just an option.

I press the dome override button 4-times and the auto headlights disable. However, after restarting the truck, the auto headlights resume as normal.

This is something I will definitely be doing! Thanks!!

Jon