How To - disable auto headlights Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtarlton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried using the 1.5 ohm resistor and my DRL lights still come on when i start the car, and when i use the method of the parking brake and releaseing it after starting the car does nothing for me, cus my lights still turn on. I even tried taking out the fuses for the drl both of them and had this mod in place and my lights stilll turn on. Can someone , anyone, tell me what i can do to get them to stop turning on so I can install my hid lights i ordered from DDM Tuning. Dont want to install them and they end up burning out.

I am driving a 2002 chevy tahoe Z71

I am with dbahsee, mine still come on after the mod. So I fixed mine by smashing the whole assembly with a 2-lb engineers hammer. *SMASH* fixes everything...eventually.
Ok, after this mod didn't work, I just pulled the bulbs. Chevy commies forcing us to have safety lights, how dare them.

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you depress the dome light kill switch twice it does the same thing. Just an option.

lol i do that every time i get in the car no matter what time of day and just use the switch manually i wish the 01 had a off option on the dash like my 95 blazer did

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i finally got this done my to 2001 denali. works great. reading through the posts though, i think some people were thinking that this turns off the DRL's. this does not. this just stops the headlights from automatically turning on when driving.

roush611

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this on a 2003? I tried to do it yesterday but the plug and wires are different.

02Yukonguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished the mod on my 02 Yukon following your instructions. Only thing different is I did not have to remove the panel. I was able to pull the purple connector and do the job easily. Took under one hour and solved this annoyance perfectly. Hardest part was going to Radio Shack to get the 1.5 ohm resistor.

I am forever grateful to you for your photos and step by step instructions.

Jim :thumbsup:

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If some people learned to read then they would know that this has NOTHING to do with the DRL's
It fixes the auto headlights from coming on and doing bad things to the HID ballast. It seems the ballast's don't like going on and off real quick. Also having DRL's it a great safety asset to have so why would you not want them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345