How To: Convert to Escalade Third Brake Light (Simple Mod)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Go G4 to match your rounded appliqués IMO. G5s have a crease to match the Esky appliqués unless that difference won't bother you.

Here's mine wth G4s and full Esky LED mod.

@delightskinned1
View attachment 81531 View attachment 81532
Yea that's exactly what I'm looking for, unless I can find a set of black g5 appliques cheap... Is your 3rd brake light smoked or red? I noticed the LED go all the way across... aftermarket or custom?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd brake is all red.
OEM Esky.

Fully modded by Vegas Chris. He has done other TYF members as well. Cost is $200 plus shipping is your cost to Las Vegas.

I did a full write up in the last few pages of my build thread.

Pics tell the tale. Looks great. Should have been OEM all the way across, but alas now it is a unique mod for the TYF crowd. Love it though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd brake is all red.
OEM Esky.

Fully modded by Vegas Chris. He has done other TYF members as well. Cost is $200 plus shipping is your cost to Las Vegas.

I did a full write up in the last few pages of my build thread.

Pics tell the tale. Looks great. Should have been OEM all the way across, but alas now it is a unique mod for the TYF crowd. Love it though.
I still don't understand the reasoning as to why GM changed the esky third from all the way across leds on the nbs to only the center on the nnbs esky light. Kinda lame. Probably cost issues. Lol. I do love that my nbs esky third goes all the way across and that it didn't require a custom mod.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thoughts te whole back glass had to be swapped on the nbs to do a caddy light
The glass has to be swapped if you want to the screw holes to match up to make it mount up correctly. I know a couple guys here just did double sided tape or adhesive to attach the esky third to their tahoe or yukon glad so as to not have to swap hatches. It's much clean if you swap hatches in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne