How To: Borla 140193 complete exhaust upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Regency, you done gone made me look it up to prove that I'm not crazy and that I SOMETIMES have a good memory and know what I'm talking about LOL :Handshake:

Below is from this thread http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=2515 regarding Borlas:

11-28-2007, 10:48 AM #15
ventu71
Full Access Member

"I have one on my 99 silverado. It still looks and works like new after 100k mi, only it got lauder after +-2k and it drones a bit, but exterior sound is great."

01-02-2008, 12:02 AM #23
73shark
Full Access Member

"I talked with Corsa and Borla last fall and Corsa said they used to make the GM catback system. Borla said they now make it. The muffler is a straight-thru design with stainless steel wool packing which is why it gets a little louder after a few 1,000 miles."
----

So Mr. Regency, point being: the stainless steel material (not sure if it's changed since 2008) changes the sound as it breaks down. Take for example the comparison of the Corsa "touring" which has fiberglass packing material in a sock to contain it, versus the "sport" which does NOT having any packing material in the muffler. With the SPORT model I think it'd be fair to say there isn't any difference in the sound after 1k miles... I didn't know this when I bought my Touring. I thought all Corsas didn't rely on packing materials however a member (HOE-N-IT) showed me this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c821NpSP6-8&feature=youtube_gdata_player which explained that is true with the EXCEPTION of the Touring.

DONKEY0683 I don't think you need to worry about it being too quiet. I think after you get a few miles on it, it will be even more suhweet. My buddy had one on his VW which had a really nice growl. I was worried about my Corsa touring being too quiet after I installed my Corsa touring but after a few thousand miles along with an Airaid intake-- it's perfect.

And DONKEY0683 nice write up btw!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Well....i will make a video of it tomorrow and hope this solves the problem. Its been 3000-4000 miles since its been on so i will let you all be the judge.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey......Thanks for the follow up.

That Borla is still "tame" sounding. But I like it. Actually that is what I am looking for.

A few observations.......
I liked your Escalade Replicas better. (sorry)

You have a tick on start up.

You're shirt is missing.:)

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Hey......Thanks for the follow up.

That Borla is still "tame" sounding. But I like it. Actually that is what I am looking for.

A few observations.......
I liked your Escalade Replicas better. (sorry)

You have a tick on start up.

You're shirt is missing.:)

Dont be sorry man, i like them better as well. That was the first time i ever heard that tick on start up. I started it again later and it sounded normal. Hell i dunno what it was but i will keep an ear out. Thanks for lookin out for me tho!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
the tick

I think the tick becomes normal after a few miles. Sadly!! If mine sits for a few days it will tick on start up for 10-15 seconds. If anyone knows how to get rid of it please share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout