How To: Body Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's say I'm lazy and I cut my retainers to fit the S10 mounts. Do you know if the the retainers will work if I switch back to the tahoe mounts?

The retainers are the bottoms, your not cutting those just the top cups. The bottom retainers hold the bottom bushing inplace. And yeah the top cups should go back just be a little shorter

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk 4

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in doing this.

Could a guy just order full replacement body mounts for the S-10 Blazer and swap them out with no mods or am I missing something?

I'm thinking I'd just go with factory rubber replacement stuff for best ride and no squeaks.

Anyone run into specific lines or stuff that needed to be moved?

Anyone got before & after pics?

Thanks!
Dirk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else done this? Seems like an interesting option. Can't seem to find a rubber bushing kit though. Everything is poly.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. Added to the long list of things to do. Thanks for the write up

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else done this? Any comments or concerns? ~$50 for new rubber mounts (not planning on poly) and a couple hours sounds too easy.

How do the body lines/gaps look @ the bumpers?

Is core support relocation needed?

Has anyone used rubber and is ride the same? In my case ill bet it improves as the originals are likely hard as a rock now.

Mikeyjm1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
x2. Who has already done this? I'm thinking about trying on my Avalanche.

emilime75

Reaction score
I'd love to see photos of the tailgate-back bumper and front bumper-grill after doing this. I'd love to do this, just concerned about fitment/clearance issues.

Mikeyjm1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone else done this? Any comments or concerns? ~$50 for new rubber mounts (not planning on poly) and a couple hours sounds too easy.

I've been searching and researching this. The rubber mounts seem pretty expensive like $20-30 for the upper and lower per bolt. The Energy suspension complete sets can be had around $130+. I may have to go Poly to keep the cost down.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching and researching this. The rubber mounts seem pretty expensive like $20-30 for the upper and lower per bolt. The Energy suspension complete sets can be had around $130+. I may have to go Poly to keep the cost down.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=16

Just the rubber mounts appear to be $15 lower and $20 upper. Retainers are $4. wow I was thinking that was for the whole kit, not per piece. Crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins