How to activate RSE without DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
my question is perhaps stupid but I don’t find the info.
I have connected an Amazon Fire TV with an HDMI-RCA adapter to rear aux Input On my 2010 Tahoe LT It work fine but it doesn’t’ activate the RSE. To activate the RSE, I have to start a DVD and then to eject it. Is there another way to activate it?

82D9E66A-6C30-4A22-A3D2-73E410AC9BB8.jpeg

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you have to have the remote. That’s how I’m able to turn mine on without a DVD. But without a DVD the screen is just black. Also could you provide a link to that RCA adapter?

OP
OP
FrenchUSFan

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
FrenchUSFan

FrenchUSFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you should be able to use it on the rear only by toggling the rear input button
Yes, I have toggle to rear input and set rear input to vidéo but it doesn’t power the screen. The only way I found is to put a dvd in and out

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have toggle to rear input and set rear input to vidéo but it doesn’t power the screen. The only way I found is to put a dvd in and out
I have RSE on mine I never use it separate but I also have a aftermarket system so not sure if mine will operate like stock I can check tomorrow, you might try looking in the owners manual, if you do not have the manual it is free on the gm website to download the .pdf

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket front unit that lets me control the rear independently. Since the original HU anticipated the rear for seperate dvd only, i wonder if its limited. There should be something that triggers the rear unit though.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought people could play video games in the rear if they hooked up a console so it has to be more than dvd that triggers it, no?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 with RSE, and here's what the manual for my system says:

1675787118036.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts