(How to:) 07 Tahoe Gauge backlighting on all the time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to Fiatdale, I was able to keep my gauge lighting on all the time while the vehicle is running. It drove me nuts for years that the gauges could hardly be seen during the day. I think GM realized this and changed it for the 08'+.

It is a very easy mod and took about 20 minutes. See below for the video on how to remove the gauge cluster and then I attached a schematic of the wiring harness for the gauge cluster. If the mods feel like sticking this thread, it might help others that have the same issue I had on not being able to see the gauges.

View attachment 64744

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you get to the wire bundle to make the splice without removing the whole gauge cluster?

Malik112099

Reaction score
Can you get to the wire bundle to make the splice without removing the whole gauge cluster?

No, it is directly behind the gauge cluster. There isn't a ton of room to work even after the gauge cluster is out. It is super easy though.

ken97put

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just bought a 07 yukon xl denali 7 months ago. after realizing this an issue with the 2007's. info from this post, i'm gonna try adding 12v zener diode soldered to wire 5 to wire 8 without clipping any wires. ordered diodes today. we shall see.

ken97put

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
and if the diode doesnt work out. i'll just wire up little relay to the circuit that switches when night illum circuit being used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9