How Rare is your GM vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSDunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't checked it out yet but I'm guessing my 2003 SLT is very rare because on the outside, I've never seen another Yukon that looks exactly like mine. (or as beautiful)

Whoever originally ordered this rig made a great decision buy ordering the Denali 17" polished aluminum wheels. They shine from every angle and are the absolute perfect contrast to the glittery, ultra shiny Carbon Metallic paint. (and the tinted back windows blend in perfectly with this paint color).

The other thing that is also fairly unusual is it has the Denali mesh grille.

Of course it has the 5.3 and came with the towing package, the stronger tranny and transmission cooler. (The 5.3 is pure joy. So fast yet so quiet and so smooth.)

Inside, it's loaded but nothing out of the ordinary. Steering wheel controls, heated leather memory seats, 6 CD changer with OnStar, XM radio, etc,etc. The only things it doesn't have are the sunroof, and backrow CD system.

I did a price build online and the added options to this particular trim put this SLT at $41,000

(I'll add a picture of it when I figure out how to do it)

Last edited:

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did it they wanted 5 bucks, but told me I have 106 options installed.

Rarity isn't a big thing for me, I've seen 2 same red color denalis in Springfield, but not XL's. And at the bmx races I park next to a white denali xl, were friends now and told him about this forum, he didn't know it existed and told him all the problems he was having just from reading this site.. it was epic, i felt like I had my ase certification or something because I could explain the hum from both his climate control fans, and also why he kept throwing too rich codes... he bought a new maf sensor and the next week he payed for my race because he was about to spend a ton at a stealership, told him How easy it was to replace (as my 12 year old changed mine,I was watching of course) the check engine light stayed off. :favorites37:

But I'm not paying 5 bucks so they can tell me that mine isn't the only one...lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were 16,819 GMC Yukon XLs built in 2009. There were 2,001 GMC Yukon XLs built in September of 2009. Mine was built on September 11, 2009. Probably one of the last ones made for 2009. Compnine had no comparison specs though mine is an SLT-3 and has most but not all options available that year.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is old thread I have one of the 1090 GMC Yukon XL SLT plus with factory 4:10 gears . Says 34,578 total made Yukon XL and Escalade ESV.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were 16,819 GMC Yukon XLs built in 2009. There were 2,001 GMC Yukon XLs built in September of 2009. Mine was built on September 11, 2009. Probably one of the last ones made for 2009. Compnine had no comparison specs though mine is an SLT-3 and has most but not all options available that year.

Did you buy it new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very rare 500 HY2 (and 500 HY1)units built that year
First year 2008 tahoe HY2 trim built on 01/2008

I have only seen two other tahoe hybrids on the road around 20 miles away
one black and the other dirt brown
the next town over
mine is the only one in town..

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually did the vin decode when it was free..my post from 10 years ago..GTO has been sold..long live the tahoe lol..my truck is a LS but is optioned out like a SLE..leather, tow package, tow hooks, body colored molding and bumper, but black mirrors..odd duck.

my special Hoe lol..more rare than my Goat, but they are a dying breed haha.. good site.

There are 2 2000 TAHOE 4 DR 1/2 TON vehicles (0.001%) matching your exact options list. There are 2 (0.001%) with at least as many options.
The rarity of your vehicle is based on an exact match of your options for your year and model.

There are 211 2005 GTO vehicles (1.906%) matching your exact options list. There are 314 (2.837%) with at least as many options.
The rarity of your vehicle is based on an exact match of your options for your year and model.

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan