How much to bend Autoride Rod 15 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollinPresidential

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics on how much they are bending their autoride rods? I put a 2" rear drop (coils/shock extenders). Any help would be great. I see plenty of posts on people bending them but none I can find on how much.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
Autoride rod adjustment

Instructions included with Belletech lowering kit suggest 3" center to center assembled length for the replacement rods that are included in their kit.
I measured stock size at 3 9/16" c/c.
So they suggest 9/16" shorter rod for their 3" 34324 drop kit or 3/16" shorter per inch of drop.
Maybe 3 3/16" center to center for a starting point on a 2" drop?

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 3" screw Tony suggests and put the caps on. Cut just the head off then see how you like it from there. I think I settled on 2 3/4 long on the rod before the caps we're screwed on.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
Threaded Rods for Adjustability

You can make your own adjustable rods. If you can't find a 3" bolt just buy a length of threaded rod at your local hardware store or hobby shop and screw the caps from your stock rod onto it. The caps require a pretty hard pull to remove from the stock rods but do pop off. The thread size is 10-24. I measured the length of the stock rod at 3" and the length of the rods in the kit at 2.5". The beauty of the threaded rods is that you can cut off whatever length you need and adjust them by screwing the caps up or down on the threaded rod to suit your needs.

Keep your original rods if you ever want to restore the original suspension.

Last edited:

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RollinPresidential This is the size screw you will need. Like other guys said, you can just cut the head off the screw. I have mine set at 3 1/8" from center to center on the rods. It's right in the range of 3"-3 1/4" it's easy enough to play with and see where you like it. It's amazing how small 1/8" adjustments to the length of the rod, make the truck sit 1/4"-1/2" higher or lower. To me, there is a sweet spot where you get around the height you want AND the ride feels good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 18

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've been using the 10x 24 3 inch long machine screws and include them with my custom kit for.a few.years now. Yiu can cut them down if needed but do it in small segments