How many think the GMT 900 series is the best TAHOE/YUKON yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Love my 2011 SSV. I like the look of the 2021's but not the price tag. My net cost on my auction Tahoe was four grand so car payments make me cringe. I did get a new motor, trans and rear end not too long ago so it's all good.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original post being over ten years old, is this still the general consensus among some end users? I ask because the wife doesn't want anything in 2015-2020 range, she'd prefer a factory new GMT900 or as close to new as possible. Now we haven't even looked at the 2021s so I can't say on that end. But I must admit, the GMT900 just seems more offroad capable and the less bells and whistles, the better, in our minds.
I am in the fortunate position that if I really thought a different truck would serve my needs better, I would just go buy it. I have looked long and hard and honestly don’t think there is anything out there that fits my needs better than my 2007 Yukon SLT. When something breaks I fix it with OE parts and move on, will likely use this strategy until I die. :)

Before my new Yukon in 2007 I rarely kept a car or truck more than 3 years. This old gal changed all that.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the 900’s but the broken dash is a real drag. I put the dash cap on mine and I’m pretty much satisfied with it. Overall it’s a very comfortable vehicle and at the price I paid it’s really great.

shock

Reaction score
The esky was the only 900 that wasn’t fugly on the outside. The interiors are awful, IMO on all.

The 800 had the most comfortable interior. I really miss the flip down arm rest and the way the middle bench folded.

The 400 had the best looking exterior, excluding the esky/denali.

I do like the gadgets on my K2xx and the interior is reasonably comfortable. It’s attractive in and out. My biggest complaints are the headlights, the first-to-second shift pattern, and the raised fold flat seats—lots of waisted space.

I think I’ll skip the latest gen altogether.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The esky was the only 900 that wasn’t fugly on the outside. The interiors are awful, IMO on all.

The 800 had the most comfortable interior. I really miss the flip down arm rest and the way the middle bench folded.

The 400 had the best looking exterior, excluding the esky/denali.

I do like the gadgets on my K2xx and the interior is reasonably comfortable. It’s attractive in and out. My biggest complaints are the headlights, the first-to-second shift pattern, and the raised fold flat seats—lots of waisted space.

I think I’ll skip the latest gen altogether.
I agree with you on everything but the interior. I really like the interior on this generation, and find it the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned for long distance travel. Even more so than our 2002 suburban.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When this gen first came out, i hated the boxy empty/hollow body look they had.
but it has grown on me over the years.

i love the seats, and it's the first year with rack and pinion steering = :boobs:

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I am in the fortunate position that if I really thought a different truck would serve my needs better, I would just go buy it. I have looked long and hard and honestly don’t think there is anything out there that fits my needs better than my 2007 Yukon SLT. When something breaks I fix it with OE parts and move on, will likely use this strategy until I die. :)

Before my new Yukon in 2007 I rarely kept a car or truck more than 3 years. This old gal changed all that.
I can relate to this! I left a 2019 truck sitting in the garage to take the old gal on a six month road trip and no regrets. I drive the Hoe almost every day, and a lot of long days, and it’s a pleasure.
The only things I’d change if I had a do-over would be to buy a later model 900 to get the six speed, and pony up for a well maintained privately owned vs a cheaper but abused SSV. And I may go shopping for just that this winter.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can relate to this! I left a 2019 truck sitting in the garage to take the old gal on a six month road trip and no regrets. I drive the Hoe almost every day, and a lot of long days, and it’s a pleasure.
The only things I’d change if I had a do-over would be to buy a later model 900 to get the six speed, and pony up for a well maintained privately owned vs a cheaper but abused SSV. And I may go shopping for just that this winter.
I have a standing search for a ‘12-‘13, Yukon SLT or Tahoe LTZ on a few online auto search sites. The criteria is pretty narrow for n number of variables as the only way I would switch is if I find a unicorn when it comes to all the things I want to switch. Everything I posted above would still apply if I made the change.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I have a standing search for a ‘12-‘13, Yukon SLT or Tahoe LTZ on a few online auto search sites. The criteria is pretty narrow for n number of variables as the only way I would switch is if I find a unicorn when it comes to all the things I want to switch. Everything I posted above would still apply if I made the change.
I’m just curious why those 2 years and excluding the ‘14?