How many people have their vehicle stuck in Midlothian????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Raise you hand if your vehicle is still stuck in Midlothian. Mine has been there 5 weeks now..
2022 RST Tahoe 5.3L
Satin Steel Metallic
Luxury Package w/22 rims
Order#: BMCKWM
VIN: 1GNSCRKD7NR305185

Destination Houston, TX. Truck been there since 5/16.

Last edited:

Broway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is not the case; I've been tracking these VINs since 04/27. This is not entirely reliable however; there are two on this list that still show in Midlothian that have already been delivered to the dealership and into the customer's hands.

I have actually called the dealerships that have some of these vehicles, to ask if they know when these might be coming in, or to see if they have any additional details as to WHY they are sitting, and they are just as in the dark as we are...

If you'd like to send me your VIN, I can add it to this list.

View attachment 370615
2022 RST Tahoe
VIN: 1GNSCRKD7NR305185

Keg0brew

Reaction score
The fact that some folks and VINs and some do not (mine has no vin or window sticker per my dealer) is an interesting nugget to me.

I think some are sitting finished waiting on transport and some are sitting short a chip or in quality control.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is not the case; I've been tracking these VINs since 04/27. This is not entirely reliable however; there are two on this list that still show in Midlothian that have already been delivered to the dealership and into the customer's hands.

I have actually called the dealerships that have some of these vehicles, to ask if they know when these might be coming in, or to see if they have any additional details as to WHY they are sitting, and they are just as in the dark as we are...

If you'd like to send me your VIN, I can add it to this list.

View attachment 370615
That list reminds me of the Hdram forum list I was on when I ordered my 2022 Ram.

Svaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was told yesterday by my dealer that there’s definitely a chip shortage. Mine was built 4/5 and no new info. Going to lose my sales tax credit because it’s been over 60 days since I sold mine. I’m not prepared to pay over $5000 in sales tax.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was told yesterday by my dealer that there’s definitely a chip shortage. Mine was built 4/5 and no new info. Going to lose my sales tax credit because it’s been over 60 days since I sold mine. I’m not prepared to pay over $5000 in sales tax.
that blows..guessing you're in AR? if not there aren't too many other states that allow a private sale to offset the sales tax.

I know you said its past the 60 days allowed, but if by some chance it hasn't passed, a thought would be to just find something to buy in the meantime (anything that you could get rid of and not lose any/much) and that'll save you from the sales tax hit. another thought would be to contact the rev office and see if they could make an exception....

Svaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that blows..guessing you're in AR? if not there aren't too many other states that allow a private sale to offset the sales tax.

I know you said its past the 60 days allowed, but if by some chance it hasn't passed, a thought would be to just find something to buy in the meantime (anything that you could get rid of and not lose any/much) and that'll save you from the sales tax hit. another thought would be to contact the rev office and see if they could make an exception....
We’ve been trying to buy something but there’s such a shortage of nice enough vehicles that we won’t get stuck with. Yeah we’re in Ar and I’ve been in touch with the revenue office and there’s nothing else we can do.

esbrittain

Reaction score
How can we tell if it’s stuck there? I put a deposit on one that was already built, but with no eta. I have no idea how long it’s been in the process or where it is exactly. I do have a VIN though, but I can’t get a window sticker and it’s isn’t showing up in the inventory page.

Kehoelaw1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How can we tell if it’s stuck there? I put a deposit on one that was already built, but with no eta. I have no idea how long it’s been in the process or where it is exactly. I do have a VIN though, but I can’t get a window sticker and it’s isn’t showing up in the inventory page.
Exact same situation for me

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ve been trying to buy something but there’s such a shortage of nice enough vehicles that we won’t get stuck with. Yeah we’re in Ar and I’ve been in touch with the revenue office and there’s nothing else we can do.
My dealer made me "buy" the tahoe before it was even delivered to the dealership. It really pissed me off, but it could work out for you... maybe they can execute the paperwork if they have the VIN?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts