How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No issues at all, 2017 Escalade ESV. Smooth, comfortable ride, all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Csurp

Reaction score
This is 2WD with max trailer tow package which I believe includes Z85 Premium Smooth Ride Suspension Package with Air leveler.

mpthompson84

Reaction score
Picked up a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and have been driving it for a few weeks, not one single issue , been nothing but pleased. Funny thing is that I got on here and read about the buffeting and of course now that I’m looking for it, I thought I heard it today and even felt like I needed pop my ears. Go figure.

Sounds like some folks have had a very legit issue with this buffeting but for me all I can say is I never noticed it until I started looking for it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

In terms of vibrations, absolutely none, Tahoe rides smooth as glass however I did just upgrade from a lifted 2008 wrangler on 35s so I guess my tolerance for vibration maybe a little different than others.

Last edited:

cbpat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't want this thread to become a heated topic. I believe their claims are very real and valid. However, if you experience none of the buffetting or vibrating issue at certain speed (not due to unbalanced tire) please let viewers know. I honestly want to get a feel of whether this just for a small groups of vehicles.

Buffetting issue is like when you are driving with one window down and it builds up a high pressure in the cabin and makes your ears uncomfortable. They are experiencing this problem even when all windows are up.

I have experienced buffeting when one of the front windows are down and it is really bad, but, never with the windows up.

I have from time to time experienced some slight vibration in my 2010 Yukon at high speeds, but very slight and I attributed it to alignment problems since it was corrected by an alignment. I have nothing but a beautiful, perfectly smooth ride from my 2018:Tahoe so far.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there must be 100 threads on this issue but in the interest of saving hours of reading time...

i test drove an escalade the other day and definitely got the booming sound starting between 50-55 mph. it was noticeable enough that the sales guy even commented on it. what gives? im not a K2XX owner so i've only perused this section of the forum from time to time but i was under the impression that this issue was fixed on the 2018+ SUVs..

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there must be 100 threads on this issue but in the interest of saving hours of reading time...

i test drove an escalade the other day and definitely got the booming sound starting between 50-55 mph. it was noticeable enough that the sales guy even commented on it. what gives? im not a K2XX owner so i've only perused this section of the forum from time to time but i was under the impression that this issue was fixed on the 2018+ SUVs..
I have a 2015 XL Denali, and now a 2018 and I never have any problem with this boom sensation, and I ask my kids 5 and my wife about, and they told me no, no ear boom or popping.
I start to figure out, and I think it is maybe that some people are ultra sensitive.
69 k miles and now 24k in the new.
If it happens when you fly?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I start to figure out, and I think it is maybe that some people are ultra sensitive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nope. It’s a known issue. I’ve heard it in some I’ve rented or taken as livery. It’s like sitting inside a kettle drum.

Luckily mine, knock wood, doesn’t have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01