How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a 300 mile road trip this weeekend, the longest Ive driven since having my tires road force balanced. The ride was mostly fine, no shaking or shimming, I did get wind booming and buffering but nothing as bad as it used to be

I really think the tires and RFB make a huge difference and would recommend EVERYONE to get it done

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a 300 mile road trip this weeekend, the longest Ive driven since having my tires road force balanced. The ride was mostly fine, no shaking or shimming, I did get wind booming and buffering but nothing as bad as it used to be

I really think the tires and RFB make a huge difference and would recommend EVERYONE to get it done
I really believe some people are more sensitive than others.
I put 79k miles on my 15 Denali, and about 6k on my 18 Denali and we do not experience any booming or buffering yet.
Or maybe it is a difference on the cars settings?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I truly believe it depends on the person as well. I have been in many and majority have had buffeting, IMO. 6mos ago I road in a '16 escalade (taxi service) and noticed it immediately at 50mph+. Asked the driver how he likes it and if he ever noticed and he replied, "Nope".

I have been wanting to trade-in for a 17 and now 18 for quite some time but have not as I am leary of dealing with another buffeting truck. Even if it tests drive fine, I know it can develop months later.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I truly believe it depends on the person as well. I have been in many and majority have had buffeting, IMO. 6mos ago I road in a '16 escalade (taxi service) and noticed it immediately at 50mph+. Asked the driver how he likes it and if he ever noticed and he replied, "Nope".

I have been wanting to trade-in for a 17 and now 18 for quite some time but have not as I am leary of dealing with another buffeting truck. Even if it tests drive fine, I know it can develop months later.

What about getting a used one that’s already been “broken in”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly have not had this issue, but...
I really hate to admit this but maybe some of you hear this same thing sometimes and for a while I could not figure out what it was, but when in the car alone if the rear or passenger seat belt buckle is turned a certain way, there is a rattle where it makes a sound like there is something loose and the buckle is simply hitting against the B or C pillar making an annoying knock sound. This use to happen occasionally in my 2011 Suburban and it also happens in my 2017. Drove me nuts at first trying to figure it out, I thought the seat was loose or something, but then one day realized what it was and now I just make sure to turn the buckles so they hang and not hit the side panel.
As far as the outside plastic door trim vibrating or making noise, I have not had any issues, but it is amazing after some mileage on these trucks how when you first get them they feel so solid, but after 6 months you start to feel a vibration or hear a rattle of something, could be the road etc, or just that new car feeling has gone away!

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate to admit this but maybe some of you hear this same thing sometimes and for a while I could not figure out what it was, but when in the car alone if the rear or passenger seat belt buckle is turned a certain way, there is a rattle where it makes a sound like there is something loose and the buckle is simply hitting against the B or C pillar making an annoying knock sound. This use to happen occasionally in my 2011 Suburban and it also happens in my 2017. Drove me nuts at first trying to figure it out, I thought the seat was loose or something, but then one day realized what it was and now I just make sure to turn the buckles so they hang and not hit the side panel.
As far as the outside plastic door trim vibrating or making noise, I have not had any issues, but it is amazing after some mileage on these trucks how when you first get them they feel so solid, but after 6 months you start to feel a vibration or hear a rattle of something, could be the road etc, or just that new car feeling has gone away!
I remember they fix my 15 Denali with wire tied plastic thing and I cannot believe .
But the 18 Denali seat is secure pretty good.
[emoji859]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Buffetting sounds like you are inside a giant kettle drum.

Vibration at speed will shake your teeth loose.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe started vibrating once I moved to CT. At around 33,000 miles the vibration occurred. I thought it was just the crappy roads up here. We drove from CA to TX to CT. The vibration occurred after the ~5,000 mile drive.

2 sets of tires, same deal on CT roads

2017 Burb doesn't do that. I even have the rims/tires from the Tahoe installed on the Burb.

Insane that GM/Chevy hasn't figured this out yet.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe started vibrating once I moved to CT. At around 33,000 miles the vibration occurred. I thought it was just the crappy roads up here. We drove from CA to TX to CT. The vibration occurred after the ~5,000 mile drive.

2 sets of tires, same deal on CT roads

2017 Burb doesn't do that. I even have the rims/tires from the Tahoe installed on the Burb.

Insane that GM/Chevy hasn't figured this out yet.

This model, as big as a leap as it was, was surely impacted by their bankruptcy and subsequent govt bailout.

I think they’re onto the 2020 at this point.

Let’s all hope it irons out these gremlins and is a big jump ahead of the expy.