How many of you actually off-road with your 2015 and newer Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most folks that do significant off roading would never purchase these SUVs.

That's not really what they're made for ... they're utility vehicles that schlep people and their stuff and have 4wd for poor road conditions due to weather. Without significant modifications they're pretty useless in intense off road environments.
I don't take it on "intense" trails. I leave those for the hardcore off-roaders! Lol

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly GM is saying don’t go offroad in their trucks:
http://coloradofans.com/forums/282-...-driveline-issues-side-airbag-deployment.html

But as for my yukon xl... it’s awesome in slippery dirt... but that Mrc suspension sucks at anything over a slow slow crawl on dang near flat ground.

It’s just too long with too little travel with crappy shocks.

Maybe with an mrc delete and a way to transfer the rear integrated air bags to an auxiliary set up. Otherwise it stays tow duty.

I’m keeping an eye on the above thread. There have been quite a few airbag deployments in these trucks when offroad for no reason.
I’ll definitly be pulling fuse #18
I haven't heard of airbag deployment while off-roading. I'll have to keep that in mind if it goes off in my face! Lol. Hopefully it won't deploy unnecessarily. Regarding GM saying don't go off-road in their vehicles, probably just to cover their a$$e$.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just the side curtains going off. Apparently its not just trucks offroad. But minivans going down driveways and camaros with loud exhausts. I was helping that guy in the thread with his incident and started researching it. Found quite a few spread out around the gm spectrum. Apparently not a new thing either. Doesnt seem a mechanical issue but a software issue, unless the mechanical issue is a vibration frequency that mimics the signal to deploy.

Anyways, fuse 18 on the colorados.

On a side note, there are a few guys there that beat on their trucks that have had no issues

bgsntth

Reaction score
My '16 Sub Z71 gets put into low-range, goes through creeks, climbs 20 -30 degree gravel\grass declines/inclines about 12 - 15 times a year. It is not as capable or idiot-proof as the Land Rovers I have had, but better than the 2003 Lexus GX and 2009 Cayenne V8.

The photo was taken a week after the Soberanes Fire.

Soberanes Fire_7-30-2016 small.jpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '16 Sub Z71 gets put into low-range, goes through creeks, climbs 20 -30 degree gravel\grass declines/inclines about 12 - 15 times a year. It is not as capable or idiot-proof as the Land Rovers I have had, but better than the 2003 Lexus GX and 2009 Cayenne V8.

View attachment 193967

:beer:

:peace:

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 193967
Awesome