How many miles is to many for a used Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flydex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my ‘15 Tahoe with 67,000. It drives like new, had maintenance to do after the first couple months, but the warranty I purchased took care of that. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again if we found the right vehicle.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no real diff on '15 thru '20 ... outside of driveline offerings.

Absolutely not true. Go drive a 15 and then go drive an equivalent 18. They don’t even feel like the same truck even just as far as the ride quality goes.

My advise to the OP is do not buy a 15. Get at least 17.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not true. Go drive a 15 and then go drive an equivalent 18. They don’t even feel like the same truck even just as far as the ride quality goes.

My advise to the OP is do not buy a 15. Get at least 17.

well, suspension is included in driveline... so they may have went to softer shocks (or softer programming for mag ride) for the sensitive folks ;)

plus offerings of: 6.2 now avail & more gears for trans
as well as updated radio features.

looks wise... interior/exterior is same

&they all have the same opportunity for buffeting. they seem to either have it or not.

so always best to test drive the snot out of anything to be considered.

& i have a 15, i love the sporty feel of it.
& i have been in friends 17 denali & 19 esky. they drive like old ladies, so the marshmallow feel is perfect for them ;) lol

alexalex

Reaction score
Do not concenrate on miles. Check if wheel wells, windshield frame, door bottoms. Do check the frame. They don't have known trouble spots so look everywhere. The frames rot in random areas. Check out vin code here - it will tell you the true mileage and all the servicing history.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not concenrate on miles. Check if wheel wells, windshield frame, door bottoms. Do check the frame. They don't have known trouble spots so look everywhere. The frames rot in random areas. Check out vin code here - it will tell you the true mileage and all the servicing history.
Your link is to an Australian site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec