How many miles does your vehicle have on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you use to treat the leather? And why so often? I'm not nitpicking, genuinely curious...I just bought my Yukon a few months ago and this is my first experience with leather seats this old.
Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaning and Conditioning Spray :) that is what i use

I put it every two weeks i;ll do sometoday

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you use to treat the leather? And why so often? I'm not nitpicking, genuinely curious...I just bought my Yukon a few months ago and this is my first experience with leather seats this old.

I know that with leather conditioners, the oils soak in, with that said, your clothes wick the oil away a little bit at a time. So I started using Griots Leather conditioner, works great, not greasy like many others, soaks in real well... I can tell a difference in my leather feel after a few times of using it when I first got it, softer, little more pliable also... Compared it to my moms 14 Yukon denali and now Mom and dad both use the same conditioner on all their leather goods. See a over 40 man can still teach his parents something sometimes. Most seats crack its one of those things with leather, keeping the cracks small, and minimal makes them not go huge and actually split. It pro longs the life of the leather for sure.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My burb is close to 215k now. Still running really well. Kinda getting itchy to change things up a bit on it, though. We'll see. Part of me wants to just leave it as-is and not spend any more money on it other than to maintain it but then there's the "I'm bored" side of me :rolleyes:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My burb is close to 215k now. Still running really well. Kinda getting itchy to change things up a bit on it, though. We'll see. Part of me wants to just leave it as-is and not spend any more money on it other than to maintain it but then there's the "I'm bored" side of me :rolleyes:

Your catching up to me, about 2/3 of the way there. :D

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your catching up to me, about 2/3 of the way there. :D
We drive a lot more than you do so I'm sure we'll catch up in the next 5-8 years or so assuming you still have her :)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We drive a lot more than you do so I'm sure we'll catch up in the next 5-8 years or so assuming you still have her :)

I'm hoping this will be around that long. I never loved a vehicle like I do this one. :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this will be around that long. I never loved a vehicle like I do this one. :Handshake:
Good to hear :) I still love my squares more but this burb has certainly done it's job and done it well. I've got no complaints at all and she's earned her place in my garage :)

rroadkilll

Reaction score
07 Suburban with just shy of 220,000.

I put on just over 4K last year... and it’s my daily driver!

I’ve had a mystery oil leak for the last 20k miles... just replaced the valve cover gaskets to see it that was it...

59yukon01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
246,000 on my 2001 Yukon SLT that I've had since new. Best vehicle I've ever owned. However just sold it to my stepson since I just bought a 2016 SLT CPO with 46K.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
07 Suburban with just shy of 220,000.

I put on just over 4K last year... and it’s my daily driver!

I’ve had a mystery oil leak for the last 20k miles... just replaced the valve cover gaskets to see it that was it...

Was that the issue? I had a minor oil leak on my truck since I owned it lol. I have new valve cover gaskets but haven’t changed them yet. I’m thinking the oil pan gasket is the issue. My esky is a 2008 with only 99k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne