How long is your Rod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoen

Reaction score
Was wondering how long your Ride Height Sensor Rod is after your 4" rear drop?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bent mine so I’m out but not very long w 4 inch drop. Is your compressor running too much?

OP
OP
Tahoen

Tahoen

Reaction score
Yeah, I bent one side twice.. I had to order new rods and ends(rods)..I was just trying to see what kind of length people were getting. Ill have to check on the compressor, haven't notice anything.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I bent one side twice.. I had to order new rods and ends(rods)..I was just trying to see what kind of length people were getting. Ill have to check on the compressor, haven't notice anything.
I know some guys just got all thread and trimmed to fit.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some guys just got all thread and trimmed to fit.

This. My '08 is dropped around 4" and I got some stainless all-thread from Lowe's or Home Depot. Lemme see if I recorded the final length in my build thread...

*EDIT*

I didn't record the length. But I did notate the all-thread size if that helps any: 10-24. I wanna say they're 2.5" - 2.75" center-to-center of the ball sockets. I should also add that I'm not sure how relevant this is to a K2xx.

Here's a link to that post: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-45#post-1413884

Last edited:

BrainDead

Reaction score
I forgot to mark mine before I did my suspension drop, so what I did was Jack up the rear end on jack stands take the wheels off adjust the rods so that the compressor only kicks on for about 10 15 seconds and lifts up the rear end just a little bit, maybe a half inch if that. But you have to make sure to put the jack stands under the axle not the frame

John Hanses

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a lowered '15 and then raised it 3" above stock - so I was completely lost as to the height of it. I purchased the same size rod from Napa Auto and then measured what it would take the lever to be half way through it's motion, then cut the rod to that height and it worked fine. Of course you have to take the caps into consideration - the length being cap end to cap end. Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent

Latest posts