How long have your OEM air ride shocks lasted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'08 Yukon Denali, 130K, still on original air ride shocks and seem to be working fine. I'm beginning to think I'm on borrowed time, but maybe I'm just noticing the posts where at 100K replacement was needed and those don't represent the majority. How long have your air ride shocks lasted?

xTDubx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently changed mine out at 102k on my 08 Tahoe. Both bladders were leaking although I didn’t notice them leaking until I lowered the vehicle. Lowering it must have made it leak worse somehow. Went with suncore remans and so far so good.

E206F22E-8E4F-4847-B47A-E5B69CF431A0.jpeg

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 140k on my Z55 suspension, the rear air bladders are just showing some fraying and the front suspension is maxed out. The struts aren't leaking, but they are on the max setting because I can't push down on the front suspension.

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 115k before I got solenoid errors on them, 09 YD. Went Arnott for the replacements Fronts are wet on the top, gonna get Arnotts soon up front too.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed back in September when I was going through a move and started using a heavy 10' dual axle dump trailer that I think I finally cooked my rear shocks and system. The compressor is running all of the time now and the Yukon feels extremely sloppy now. I don't have error messages yet, but I'm sure they are on their way soon. I am at 121k miles and on original shocks and bags.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced the rear's at almost 100k they had a slow leak, I did the fronts a few months ago there weren't bad but one had slipped off the bottom rubber bushing.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I noticed back in September when I was going through a move and started using a heavy 10' dual axle dump trailer that I think I finally cooked my rear shocks and system. The compressor is running all of the time now and the Yukon feels extremely sloppy now. I don't have error messages yet, but I'm sure they are on their way soon. I am at 121k miles and on original shocks and bags.

Pull the fuse for your compressor to save it until you fix the leak.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It is marked ALC (auto level compressor) in the upper right corner of the underhood fuse box.

OP
OP
KATfishing

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing on this thread. Maybe a few more will still post. Mine are still working at 130K, but you guys are confirming my suspicions... I better start saving up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989