How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the final fix?
It needed an overhead console. Evidently the airbag sensors all feed thru the connections in that console. My button for the rear hatch was inoperable also at the same time. This part was also backordered and very hard to find…

Matz

Reaction score
We have our '22 Tahoe Dmax for about 6 weeks and 1800 miles. Very enjoyable ride and outstanding fuel mileage. Only issue which dealer took care of this week were some mars from the transporting . All good except for the rear cargo mats don't hold in place with the velcro. I'll be adding boat canvas snaps as a few other have done.

Kbriggs05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It needed an overhead console. Evidently the airbag sensors all feed thru the connections in that console. My button for the rear hatch was inoperable also at the same time. This part was also backordered and very hard to find…
I have been wondering what the solution is to fix the Service Safety Restraint issue. 21 Yukon and our overhead control lost power to it and also started saying to Service Restraint System. They have now replaced the overhead control 3 times and it just came on again. Hopefully the dealer has a loaner while it is back in the shop.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering what the solution is to fix the Service Safety Restraint issue. 21 Yukon and our overhead control lost power to it and also started saying to Service Restraint System. They have now replaced the overhead control 3 times and it just came on again. Hopefully the dealer has a loaner while it is back in the shop.
I got lucky as it fixed mine the 1st time. But I also got UN lucky as I figured out about a month ago that the console they replaced mine with was one that wasn't for a Ultimate with the sliding console so I have no switch to slide the console! I showed this to the dealer, and embarrassingly, they agreed they put the wrong console in. Of course, the one I need is nowhere to be found. They have put in an order for one and will advise when available....

01dailey

Reaction score
I got lucky as it fixed mine the 1st time. But I also got UN lucky as I figured out about a month ago that the console they replaced mine with was one that wasn't for a Ultimate with the sliding console so I have no switch to slide the console! I showed this to the dealer, and embarrassingly, they agreed they put the wrong console in. Of course, the one I need is nowhere to be found. They have put in an order for one and will advise when available....
I feel very lucky. I have had my 2021 Yukon Denali for over 18 months now and the only time it ever saw the dealership was for oil changes. The nearest thing to a problem was yesterday the camera system stopped working. The next time I turned on the ignition it was fine. I think it had to do with an over-air firmware update. It needed a reboot. At least I hope that's all it was. Overall, this is the best vehicle I ever owned. I love the 6.2 V8. All the news about lifter issues makes me a little nervous though. I got my vehicle before the chip shortage and paid sticker price for one off the lot. No dealer markup.

tainslie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 21 Yukon SLT recently went back to the dealership on a hook. Was on the highway. Slowing down to about 45 mph due to traffic and upcoming exits. Came to a compete abrupt stop. Felt like someone had impacted me from behind. As per observation, no one was that close yet. Vehicle stalled. I restarted then it was surging and jumping forward like a frog. I was able to limp it to the shoulder. All dash lights flashing saying engine & transmission issues detected. Couldn't restart after resting on shoulder. Sat at dealership for over a week before diagnosis. They say the front deferential went out. drive shaft broke. drive shaft hit oil pan and seized up the motor. I had no impact with any object, just driving along highway after leaving dealership for a 3rd row seatbelt bolt recall. I've had no issues or any warning that something was wrong. All maintenace and service up to this point with no red flags or issues detected.

Suffered a concussion, neck and back issues from this incident. Will probably be months before I see my vehicle again. New engine is at least 3 weeks out. Thank goodness for that warranty. i've had it just over a year. Only 8552 miles and already dead in the water...

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21 Yukon SLT recently went back to the dealership on a hook. Was on the highway. Slowing down to about 45 mph due to traffic and upcoming exits. Came to a compete abrupt stop. Felt like someone had impacted me from behind. As per observation, no one was that close yet. Vehicle stalled. I restarted then it was surging and jumping forward like a frog. I was able to limp it to the shoulder. All dash lights flashing saying engine & transmission issues detected. Couldn't restart after resting on shoulder. Sat at dealership for over a week before diagnosis. They say the front deferential went out. drive shaft broke. drive shaft hit oil pan and seized up the motor. I had no impact with any object, just driving along highway after leaving dealership for a 3rd row seatbelt bolt recall. I've had no issues or any warning that something was wrong. All maintenace and service up to this point with no red flags or issues detected.

Suffered a concussion, neck and back issues from this incident. Will probably be months before I see my vehicle again. New engine is at least 3 weeks out. Thank goodness for that warranty. i've had it just over a year. Only 8552 miles and already dead in the water...
Wow. I've been a GM tech for years and have never seen that chain of events happen. Hell I still don't even know how the front drive shaft going to the differential could take out the oil pan!? There just isn't that much room there to whip it sideways. I also don't understand how the front diff could give out without any tell tale signs. And I was a lead transmission and driveline tech lol.

If I didn't know any better it almost sounds like you had a collision of some kind.

Sorry for your bad luck. Those sequence of events are pretty much impossible to happen. Sheesh.

tainslie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow. I've been a GM tech for years and have never seen that chain of events happen. Hell I still don't even know how the front drive shaft going to the differential could take out the oil pan!? There just isn't that much room there to whip it sideways. I also don't understand how the front diff could give out without any tell tale signs. And I was a lead transmission and driveline tech lol.

If I didn't know any better it almost sounds like you had a collision of some kind.

Sorry for your bad luck. Those sequence of events are pretty much impossible to happen. Sheesh.
I wish it had been an actual accident or collision. It would be a lot easier to explain for sure. Pretty much the impossible, yet it happened. The dealership tech was guessing the sequence of events. He thinks there was some steps missed or a part put in backwards at the manufacture. He also said in his 20+ years he has never seen anything like this before as well. But, it sure explains my sudden stop then rough bronco ride to the shoulder where I sat for almost 5 hours because OnStar failed at giving tow truck driver the correct address and phone number multiple times to add to my eventful breakdown. I am constantly checking my GM maintenance app for any changes since this was my very first brand new vehicle. I've been very diligent and caring toward my new ride.

VAguy68

Reaction score
I'm a few hundred shy of 60K miles on my '21 Z71. Overall it's been a solid vehicle. It's currently at the shop for the seatbelt recall. Hoping I don't experience what the above poster did :(

I did have the TSB done for the sunroof drains but since, I've had a rattle in both A-pillars that I think must be those drain lines. They are to look at them while in for recall. Other than glitchy wireless carplay, it's been pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne