How Google will cash in on your commute - WHat data is being reported

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add more fuel to the fire.View attachment 225265
@Doubeleive
it says without a license, in California if you sell anything (on a regular basis) even from a lemonade stand you have to have a license, auto dismantling also requires a license and the dismantler has to show they disposed of the used oil/fluids properly, it's been that way pretty much my entire life and would think there are similar laws in all states at least relating to (environmental waste), the title at the top is misleading it is not illegal to restore/fix your own car
it is illegal to operate a shop from your garage/driveway (again without a license) which is totally different from working on your own vehicles

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it says without a license, in California if you sell anything (on a regular basis) even from a lemonade stand you have to have a license, auto dismantling also requires a license and you have to show you disposed of the used oil/fluids properly, it's been that way pretty much my entire life and would think there are similar laws in all states at least relating to (environmental waste), the title at the top is misleading it is not illegal to restore/fix your own car
In Mo, we don't have to show anybody anything to show we properly disposed of oil and such :shrug: we just take it up to the auto parts store and let them recycle it. With that said, obviously you can get in trouble if you get caught just dumping automotive fluid down the sewer like an idiot. lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Mo, we don't have to show anybody anything to show we properly disposed of oil and such :shrug: we just take it up to the auto parts store and let them recycle it. With that said, obviously you can get in trouble if you get caught just dumping automotive fluid down the sewer like an idiot. lol
you don't have to do that here either, only if you were operating a shop/business and only if a inspector came by and requested to see the oil disposal receipts, there are companys that use a oil truck and pickup waste oil from the repair shops

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F Cali. You can’t do anything to cars there, no sense comparing that state to the rest of the world. Cops look under your hood to see if you’ve changed anything to the emissions system and can ticket you for it.

Cops can ask to look under the hood in any state if they thing the car isn’t street legal or has a stolen engine etc.

Of course, I drive boring suvs and stock sedans so that’s never happened to me lol

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: yet another reason I'd never want to live in California :rofl:

I moved from Kalifornia 8 years ago. I moved to "The USA / Florida"....

Re: Personal data......

I was driving a Maybach. ( $460,000 Mercedes S 550 on steroids) The owner wanted a satellite receiver joined into the audio-video system. Mercedes shops are not allowed ( or taught) to modify any 'certain' onboard computer/software system options.
BUT there is software / CD's to do exactly that. From Mercedes!!
I found, high-end auto-stereo shops can get the software. They can modify nearly everything. They can add or delete most everything. They can make you "silent".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts