How Google will cash in on your commute - WHat data is being reported

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One way to solve this is just don't drive places :shrug:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The national news just had a report on this a couple nights ago and they were talking about how regulation hasn’t caught up to technology so it’s up to the car manufacturers to regulate themselves.

Capitalism and free markets FTW! Regulations are for commies!

Sean James

Reaction score
I hope that regulation never catches up with technology. We have ways of getting around technology, but there is no way around Regulation. Regulation is enforced by men with Guns. Technology is not enforced. We can disable many things as us Americans are very ingenious people. But when Bureaucrats in High-rise offices, who are educated beyond their intelligence, try to come up with solutions to problems that don't exist, We The People get screwed. When it comes to men with guns enforcing regulations promulgated by non-elected officials, we have no choice but to comply. No choice but to submit to the whims of a few, that demand that a once-free People behave as They see fit, or suffer the penalties and consequences.

May the Chains of Tyranny lie gently upon your feet. This is where we are going, and going fast.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn, does this truck make my butt look big? Is the DMV going to raise my registration fee if I gain a few pounds? I warmed up my car too long and got a summons in the mail! How did they know I was eating a Big Mac while driving? I don't have the money for the "burger fine", can I make payments? I have to attend "anger management" classes for cursing out the guy that cut me off! Country Music is considered "Distracted Driving"? My neighbor said I drove too fast past his house, so they came to my house and took my truck because of the new "red flag" laws. Where can a buy a "dog seat"? Where does this end?
You would be surprised how close that is to reality. I saw on the news where they downloaded the data from a reporters car and they had info on his weight and everyone’s that’s in the car, every song he listened to at exactly what time, exact throttle positions, braking force, gps waypoints to within a few feet with time stamps, and on and on and on, with updates every 2 seconds. It was scary.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion one overlooked area is the speed with which society is changing. We're going at a pace too fast for us to keep up with ourselves. Like watching a kid run so fast that they eventually fall forward. Everything is becoming easier and there's just not much reason to have to think your way out of problems or display any ingenuity. Don't waste time, just research it or YouTube it. Problem solved. Resourcefulness is becoming a thing of the past. As long as we rely on the internet and electronic devices to nurse us, we're hanging our proverbial d*cks in the wind for all to see.

Many think regulation and data collection is a bad thing, while at the same time continuing to use data freely and allowing this sort of virtual Capitalism to flourish. Can't have it both ways. I think we're simply caught in a growing pain right now. In the not so distant future we won't have what we knew as "privacy" as kids and it'll be completely normal. I think most of us would be shocked if we found out just what data about us was out there even now. Kind of like when they say people have no idea just how many sharks they're swimming with at the beach. They just can't see them. And we just keep swimming.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a box that is below the radio, it has two small antenna inputs. One seems to be regular radio antenna input and one is Sirius. The bigger, thicker black one is for the regular radio antenna, keep it connected.

If you remove the dress panel that you would need to remove to access the cabin filter (behind the glove box), there is another black box. This one has two small antenna inputs also. One for cellular wifi and one for onstar. I disconnected both.