How good is Magnetic Ride Control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hated the Magnaride in my 2016 Denali. The ride was so rough that I was convinced that it was broken, that was until I came here and read the posts. While at the same time people who had both the 15-20 and the 09-04 said the previous gen was much smoother.

The mangaride in on my 2021 has been awesome, but we also have the independent rear suspension now which has really changed the handling. I know longer jump when the rear-end hits a pothole.

Mike
To be fair a lot of folks blamed the 22s in the previous gen for the harsh ride as well

funkypunnk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Magnaride on my 15 LTZ and it is not nearly as smooth as my 07 Z71 was, while it handles a little better. I replaced my factory 22s with 18s and more sidewall on the tires which helped, but still harsher than my 07.

I suggest you avoid the magnaride if you can and run 18s, but that is only my opinion. I don't expect my suburban to handle like a 3000 pound sedan so I don't care if I have to take on ramps a little slower.

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've heard some reliability issues with previous gen magnetic and even air ride systems. I'm glad my new z71 is standard coil overs for reliability and it still rides better than any other SUV I've ever owned. Of course previous SUVs have always been off-road SUVs. 4Runner older Land cruisers etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout