How good are these ebay service manuals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this and I'm wondering if it's worth it. I'm especially curious how good the wiring diagrams in it are

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally they are the factory manuals in a pdf format. If you are really wondering if they are worth it, price the manuals from Helm, the factory supplier.
I have a big binder and when i print a section it goes in binder. Easier navigation for me and I may have a full printed manual someday.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this one as a download... $5.99 + tax

It was legit. PDF. Full manual for download.

I downloaded and save to my Google Drive, so I can access from my phone or any other device/location.

I haven't really had to dive in yet, but I felt it would be good to have available.

The PDF does have wiring diagrams in color...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I got one for my 2001 Yukon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3843983685...:Yukon&hash=item597fed9f0a:g:1igAAOSwPQdhQ3WW

My take? It's just passable.

-There's LOTS of missing wiring diagrams and several empty pages where wiring diagrams should be.
Screenshot_20220220-090914.png
There's literally 25 pages in a row that look like this!

-Using Ctrl+f to search doesn't work often enough.

For example, I was looking directly at a page for pinion flange replacement yet searching the word 'pinion flange' yielded 0 results.

-Weird printing errors where text overlaps each other all over the place
Screenshot_20220220-091953_1.png

It was like $8 and it shows. As it is, I guess it's better than nothing. I ended up just going to my library's website and accessing a car repair site through them; much cleaner and easier to navigate.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this and I'm wondering if it's worth it. I'm especially curious how good the wiring diagrams in it are

Yes, they are worth it as you cannot properly work on these trucks without a Tech-2 and the shop manual. I bought my pdf manual from SeriousCTBuyer on ebay. A module was missing and he emailed it right away. I have it on disc. Also have a subscription to it at AllDataDIY and use both all the time, mostly to help folks here.