How fast have you had a battery die?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to leave work early today after getting a call from the daughter that the Tahoe wouldn't start.
06 L59 rig with an Interstate battery from 17. She said she shut it off to run inside the restaurant she had ordered food from and when she came out...nothing.
Now i drove it today before going to work, and it showed no signs of problems so this is a little perplexing. In 22 years of driving ive never had a battery give no warning before dying. Has anybody else had this problem with their Tahoe?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this a no-crank? Or a crank, no start?

Does the truck see a lot of short trips, not getting the battery fully charged?

It could also have a parasitic draw.

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a flat no crank. I put my Fluke meter on it and it was at 5 volts.
I asked her again this morning if it acted funny when she started it to leave the house, and she said it started just fine.
As for short trips, yeah it gets those every day. My wife works 3 miles from home at the grade school. So it sees at least 2 short drives a day. And with it getting cold im sure that took a t il ll on the battery too.
Started just fine this morning with the new battery, so i will have to keep an eye on it i guess.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get it out for a good warmup several times a week, just to give the battery some more charge. It'll do the engine good, too, to get to operating temps. All those short trips are ******* just about everything.

EDIT: maybe take a drive up to Henry or down to Detweiller Park and back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons