how does gm's passive entry work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another crazy thing I discovered too is you can’t use any voice commands to control the climate control or anything. Only phone and nav functions….
other vehicles I’ve had the voice command could do anything the head unit could do….
The 2022 will have google assistant if my memory serves. That will do more voice commands including HVAC.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a 2011 suburban I've found the button on the door handles is a great feature to lock/unlock the doors on these newer rigs. Our 2015 vw diesel would unlock when you touched the handle and didn't seem any better than this setup. You're reaching for the door handle to get in so just simply push the button, no biggie. I also really like how you can open the rear hatch without first unlocking the vehicle, that's really handy. Weird thing about the rear hatch though, my pressure washer keeps triggering it to open when I'm washing the car. Have to spray gently back there

therealbofa

Reaction score
Coming from a 2011 suburban I've found the button on the door handles is a great feature to lock/unlock the doors on these newer rigs. Our 2015 vw diesel would unlock when you touched the handle and didn't seem any better than this setup. You're reaching for the door handle to get in so just simply push the button, no biggie. I also really like how you can open the rear hatch without first unlocking the vehicle, that's really handy. Weird thing about the rear hatch though, my pressure washer keeps triggering it to open when I'm washing the car. Have to spray gently back there

Probably the key in your pocket triggering the hands-free lift gate. I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. :)

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the key in your pocket triggering the hands-free lift gate. I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. :)
Key was inside the vehicle. I think the button is a little on the sensitive side and doesn't like my 4000 psi commercial pressure washer shooting directly into the little hole where the button lives. Happened twice already so now I just avoid that area when hitting it with the pressure washer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442