How do these SUV's ride with bad Autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I bought my Escalade with 120k miles and I'm pretty sure my Autoride has never worked. I enjoy how it rides and it sits level, 36" from the ground to the fender well on all four corners. I tow using a WD hitch. Back in November I did a 1800 mile road trip towing my Miata. I've also used it pulling my 6000lb jeep around town. How does the ride compare with a working verses a non-working system? I'm planning on lifting it 2" with keys for the front and Z71 springs or spacers for the rear to fit 33s. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep/fix the air ride or just go with 5100 Bilsteins. Picture for fun.

caddy.jpg

GMack650

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my Escalade with 120k miles and I'm pretty sure my Autoride has never worked. I enjoy how it rides and it sits level, 36" from the ground to the fender well on all four corners. I tow using a WD hitch. Back in November I did a 1800 mile road trip towing my Miata. I've also used it pulling my 6000lb jeep around town. How does the ride compare with a working verses a non-working system? I'm planning on lifting it 2" with keys for the front and Z71 springs or spacers for the rear to fit 33s. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep/fix the air ride or just go with 5100 Bilsteins. Picture for fun.

View attachment 345426
I just replaced my suspension with the Bilsteins ! Much better ride ! My Denali still rode smooth with the blown shocks. Just was harsh going over bumps. Ditch the Air Ride!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re going to tow at all having the auto level function of the autoride setup is quite a nice feature. You lose that if you replace with bilsteins.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when it's working properly the @ss end won't be swerving all over, maybe some people can't tell the difference but I sure can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts