How do I remove Esky mirror cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about to start my project for my mirror upgrades on my Tahoe, but can’t figure out how to remove Esky covers on the replacement 2017 mirrors. Videos anyone?

Thanks

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cover off ok, but now I need to remove the mirror glass. Anybody?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cover off ok, but now I need to remove the mirror glass. Anybody?

While I'm unsure on the newer mirrors, the NNBS mirrors had tabs that lock on the backside of the glass. If you fold the glass all the way to one side, you can see the plastic mount and the tabs that lock it in. They were a bit of a ***** to get apart but hopefully that will get you headed in the right direction.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it pops off, probably best to reach in with your fingers at bottom dead center and pull out carefully, if you do it wrong you will break the glass

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it pops off, probably best to reach in with your fingers at bottom dead center and pull out carefully, if you do it wrong you will break the glass
I did get the cover off, but now I need the glass off to swap out the harness since I’m adding puddle lights from another device. Can’t figure that out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure exactly what year this is for but it is probably the same method, at the same maybe not because this is supposed to be the back of a 2017 escalade mirror glass which should just pop off

mirrorback.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure exactly what year this is for but it is probably the same method, at the same maybe not because this is supposed to be the back of a 2017 escalade mirror glass which should just pop off

View attachment 219373
Saw that one. NNBS. I have looked at more than 2 dozen videos. None show disassembly of 15-18 mirrors. I may stop at a glass shop at lunch.
Thanks for your efforts

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it. How easy this was. Geez. Went to the Cadillac forum and read how to do it.

Thanks again.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Sorry I haven’t had a chance to respond to you...been busy building harnesses and getting them out the door with my free time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues