How do I disable auto a/c defrost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I have heard that the A/C compressor cycles from time to time to keep the seals intact.

If you won't use it all winter, removing the A/C drive belt might be something to consider.
Oh I still want it, I just want to control when I use it

Full story. Hopefully this clarifies why I want to control when the stuff turns on and off

- I have some temp swings. Including snow/ice on the windshield with air temperature being high enough to allow the compressor to be on. I don't want to be blasting cool air at it until my car warms up

- On the same note, a cool windshield attracts condensation from the outside. Again, I don't want to be cooling something basically until my coolant warms up. Same issue if I'm wearing a jacket and heavy pants - just comfortable with cool air. But I don't want the windshield sub ambient because more condensation

- My vehicle sits for a while. There are times, particularly in the fall/spring when I need defrost but I want to dry out the condenser before its parked. In the winter, I don't want water in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont