How common do the master window switches break? - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I got in my vehicle a few days ago to find that almost all of the switches on the driver door had stopped working. The only switch that works is the drivers side power window switch and the Lock/Unlock button, all the other window switches including the side view mirror adjustment switch will not work.

Has anyone seen this before? I purchased some GM replacement switches so hopefully that works and it's not something deeper like the wiring harness.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty common over time but hard to believe someone let it go like that. Do the other windows work with their respective switches? Have you tried hooking up the other windows to the good switch to double check?

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Pretty common over time but hard to believe someone let it go like that. Do the other windows work with their respective switches? Have you tried hooking up the other windows to the good switch to double check?
Yeah I tested each individual door and all of their switches work. I took the driver door panel off earlier today and checked all of the master switch connections and nothing looked loose or broken so I'm not sure what to take away from that..

If the replacement switches don't work then I guess I have bigger problems.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
How about the inspection of the wires where they pass into the door at the door jam? They get flexed there and could have a wire problem there.
I didn't go that in depth when I was looking at everything. I'll tear it apart tomorrow and look at everything a little closer.

I really love this vehicle, but GM either has some really shit quality control or just bad engineering. It feels like every time I fix one problem I run into a new one. Luckily I'm mechanically inclined and have been able to fix everything but damn.. for how much these cost I shouldn't have to do anything but basic maintenance.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron makes a good point about the door jam wiring. No need to disassemble anything for that. As for quality I’d say GM is pretty good. Mine’s 14 yo and other than little stuff and regular maintenance it’s been great.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I have a similar problem, my seat memory switches quit working. Swapped the switch and still didn't work. Took it to the dealer to run a diagnostic and 2 of the wires in the door harness are bad. They used cheap Chinese wire that wasn't properly annealed and it fractured. Now does anyone happen to know what the part number is for the door harness wiring for a 2015 Yukon Denali? Hopefully the repair part was made properly. My 03 Suburban with 360k on it still works perfectly.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Just Replaced the switches and unfortunately still having the same Problem. I know All of the switches are getting power since the backlights are on at night. Hopefully I can figure something out so I don't have to go to the dealership and get honey dicked.
ledbONN.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons