How common do the master window switches break? - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out your problem? I now have the same thing. After doing some online research I'm leaning towards getting a new door harness.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where the wiring/harness goes thru the door jam at the hinge area, is where to open up and inspect for damaged wiring. Also, did either of you pay attention to what @915_Tahoe said about reprogramming?

Roadtested

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got in my vehicle a few days ago to find that almost all of the switches on the driver door had stopped working. The only switch that works is the drivers side power window switch and the Lock/Unlock button, all the other window switches including the side view mirror adjustment switch will not work.

Has anyone seen this before? I purchased some GM replacement switches so hopefully that works and it's not something deeper like the wiring harness.
Seems to be a common problem. Mine just quit also. Looks like they're abt $125 to replace.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I just ordered a new wiring harness from GMPartsgiant. They give you the ability to verify that the part will work with your vehicle by VIN#. On top of they had a great price, harness was $120 including tax and shipping. If you have a 2015 the part number is 84305359.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out your problem? I now have the same thing. After doing some online research I'm leaning towards getting a new door harness.
I never did. I kept trying to get an appointment with my local dealership but never could work out a good time. I need to call them Monday and see if they can get me in now that I'm not so busy. Let me know how the harness works out.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
Picked up Covid on a business trip so it will be awhile. Plus I started a major brake project on my 03 Suburban. I'm replacing everything from the booster on down.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I forgot to update this thread whenever I got the problem fixed. It ended up being a blown fuse, specifically #18 "Mirror Window Module" fuse in the drivers side fuse panel.

Hopefully that might help someone with troubleshooting this issue in the future.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to update this thread whenever I got the problem fixed. It ended up being a blown fuse, specifically #18 "Mirror Window Module" fuse in the drivers side fuse panel.

Hopefully that might help someone with troubleshooting this issue in the future.
Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094