How can the odometer be changed from displaying kilometers back to miles and vice versa?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xDan

Reaction score
A previous owner changed it and I want to switch it back, what is the best way to do it?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tell us what year you have, and download your owner's manual from the GM site.

If you have the DIC and steering wheel controls, the manual shows this:

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

OP
OP
xDan

xDan

Reaction score
The vehicle in question is an '05 Avalanche with steering wheel controls.

The other one is an '03 Tahoe LS without steering wheel controls. Is there any way to change that one?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure, but I wonder if a Tech 2 could make that selection.

OP
OP
xDan

xDan

Reaction score
I have a tech 2. I was in the BCM menus and found the instrument panel sub menu, from what I can see you can test most things and get displayed vs sensor readings from the ECU, can see the lag time in real time, turn on all dummy lights. I can view instrument cluster reported transmission temp even though I don't have the gauge. I can see an odometer reading units but no option to change it. Other sub menus have related systems but I couldn't find a way to change it.

Through the cluster trip reset I was only able to do trip reset, view engine hours and change the dic language.

OP
OP
xDan

xDan

Reaction score
If I had a steering wheel with controls connected to the harness in the Tahoe, would that work or would I need a different BCM?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a tech 2. I was in the BCM menus and found the instrument panel sub menu, from what I can see you can test most things and get displayed vs sensor readings from the ECU, can see the lag time in real time, turn on all dummy lights. I can view instrument cluster reported transmission temp even though I don't have the gauge. I can see an odometer reading units but no option to change it. Other sub menus have related systems but I couldn't find a way to change it.

Through the cluster trip reset I was only able to do trip reset, view engine hours and change the dic language.
if the cluster is KMH then you have to change the cluster back to MPH and program the bcm with the tech2 and techline subscription back mph.
otherwise it will be incorrect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts