How Can I Soften Suspension on PPV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys looking at feedback for various setups, I've replied in a few threads but will do it again here.

I would not change a thing on my setup, if I could go back and do it again.

Belltech 752SP (lowered about 2.5/4)
Michelin XLT 255/65 Defenders

Even with the larger sidewalls, I'm still lowered than a factory equipped PPV. Not by a significant amount up front, but noticeable all the way around (especially rear).

Pics here next to a factory equipped PPV

I'll have to look up mileage, but its safe to say I'm 30-40k miles on this setup now. I did change from Continentals to Michelins, and these Michelins still look brand new after 20k plus miles. I would change nothing about my setup at all. I've driven on several road trips now, across several states. Just recently went about 4.5hrs west, way into western NC in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Tahoe did awesome, even with a mileage tire instead of a speed rated tire. Make no mistake, its not a 'plush' ride, but it is comfortable and way better than factory PPV. If I drove a LS/LT/LTZ Tahoe, I would think something was wrong with it......I'm so used to my Tahoe. I feel it gives better feedback from the road, without the sacrifice of your kidneys. I also spill my beer a LOT less now when hitting bumps.

The biggest thing I will say, which I've also said in several other threads......ditch the speed rated tires. I am not sure why people think they need to put speed rated tires back on these vehicles. For the little bit of extra traction, you are sacrificing every bit of ride quality and life span of tires. It's not going to make your PPV any 'cooler', or some special value. I see a civilian owned PPV out with new speed rated tires, and just think to myself how much that person loves a ****** ride quality and thinks their Tahoe is a race car. You still have the same weak 5.3 and 4L60/6L80 that the rest of us have. :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989