How About This Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Denali has the no-rubber rear glass. Weird. I think @adventurenali92 was the first person to ever point out to me that there was some with rubber and some without.

I actually saw this mod last summer on a facebook group. I kind of like how it breaks up the weird hunchback look at the 3rd brake light area. Here's what dude said about mounting it:

Q: How hard was it to swap the newer style third brake light
A: Change the pigtail, eacalade glass, self tappers, trim the ends, fill the ends in, paints, then double stick tape and self tappers
Q: What do you mean fill the ends in picture please
A: Once you trim the ends down theres a little gap between the spoiler and the glass, fill it in with plastic epoxy

another one from the same dude:

Q: Hey man did u have to take the third break light assembly off the rear glass from a 07-13 and put it on a rear glass hatch from a 99-07 or is the whole rear glass hatch off a 07-13?
A: 07-13 spoiler on an 02-06 escalade glass
Q: Last question was it’s a hard job to swap over the 07 spoiler to the 99-06 glass hatch? And how did u do it?
A: Not hard, gotta change the pigtail for the light, self tap the spoiler to the glass, trim the ends, fill the ends, pull it back off, paint it, then put it back on using double stick tape and the self tappers

newer_tahoe_spoiler.jpg

newer_tahoe_spoiler_2.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Denali has the no-rubber rear glass. Weird. I think @adventurenali92 was the first person to ever point out to me that there was some with rubber and some without.

I actually saw this mod last summer on a facebook group. I kind of like how it breaks up the weird hunchback look at the 3rd brake light area. Here's what dude said about mounting it:

Q: How hard was it to swap the newer style third brake light
A: Change the pigtail, eacalade glass, self tappers, trim the ends, fill the ends in, paints, then double stick tape and self tappers
Q: What do you mean fill the ends in picture please
A: Once you trim the ends down theres a little gap between the spoiler and the glass, fill it in with plastic epoxy

another one from the same dude:

Q: Hey man did u have to take the third break light assembly off the rear glass from a 07-13 and put it on a rear glass hatch from a 99-07 or is the whole rear glass hatch off a 07-13?
A: 07-13 spoiler on an 02-06 escalade glass
Q: Last question was it’s a hard job to swap over the 07 spoiler to the 99-06 glass hatch? And how did u do it?
A: Not hard, gotta change the pigtail for the light, self tap the spoiler to the glass, trim the ends, fill the ends, pull it back off, paint it, then put it back on using double stick tape and the self tappers

View attachment 278254

View attachment 278255
Yup I remember that conversation in the NBS wheel thread. Lol. Talking about the small differences in years on these trucks. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak