Hotchkiss Front and rear sway bars

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by Tk59194, Mar 27, 2019.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. the_tool_man

the_tool_man Full Access Member

Name:
    John
    Less understeer; possibly more oversteer than you'd want.

08HoeCD likes this.
  2. Staggered 02

Staggered 02 Full Access Member

Name:
    Juan

Hotchkis products, especially their sway bars are about as good as they get. I have them on both my trucks, the SS, the Infiniti, and most recently on my Platinum. I installed a set of Eibach's on the 2005 about 4 years ago. I did so because I came up on the set off Clist in SoCal when I was out there working. Paid $150.00 for both. So for the price it was a no brainer. I was and remain more impressed with the Hotchkis products / sway bars.

It's a nice upgrade.

lynxnova and Tk59194 like this.
  3. Dearmosd

Dearmosd Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    question: with the front sway bar kit. with the kit does it re-position anything to aid in clearance for lowered vehicles. I have Belltech front lowering kit and have issues with tire rubbing on the swaybar at full turn, not terrible but enough that you can feel/hear it and it will stop the vehicle at slow speeds. Curious if at stock height the swaybar that is now rubbing was at a different position in the suspension geometry and now lowered is the corner of the swaybar rubber the tire.

4. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    post up some pictures of where it is rubbing/when it is rubbing, how wide of a tire are you running? are sure it is rubbing on the sway bar? i have a 4/6 on the silverado in my sig and the tire is no-where even close to hitting the sway bar, it does rub on the splash shield slightly.

5. Dearmosd

Dearmosd Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    The rubbing happens when the wheel is nearly full lock left/right. Stock 22" wheels with 285/45/22 Michelin Defenders (happened with Bridgestone's too)

Now I look at the picture again I dont see how the aftermarket swaybar would change the position of were the rubbing is happening for me.

20190909_184233.jpg

6. hcvone

hcvone Full Access Member

Name:
    Carl
    Had Hotchkis sway bars on my 12 Escalade's, they made a HUGE difference in the handling of these trucks. Have Callaway's sport suspension on my 19' callaway tahoe and could not be more pleased