"Hot" Side Unboxing - Twin Turbo Install

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of more shots of the downpipe routing and install.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming along

what driveshaft are you going to go with?
or will you just see how long yours lasts? ;)

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming along

what driveshaft are you going to go with?
or will you just see how long yours lasts? ;)
The long answer is that my goal with this truck from day one was to make as much power as I could with only bolt-on mods. AND to maintain daily drivability to a large extent. I had no plans to modify engine internals, etc. I probably could have stuck to the plan with a Whipple. The the twin turbo kit I'm not so sure it makes sense. I already have a phase 2 build in the works which includes upgrading the cam and rotating assembly.

The short answer is I'll probably just "fix in production" i.e. upgrade/replace as parts give out.

Unfortunately my budget for this project took a huge setback in the last 24 hours when my 07 Silverado LS daily driver/work truck/home improvement hauler finally gave out on me. I'm at the "the repair is going to be more than the truck is worth" point so I'm now in the market for a new pickup when it is the absolute worse time to buy a new/used car or truck.

Last edited:

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to go back to the OEM look for the exhaust tailpipe exit (I hated the Magnaflow tip) and we ended going from this:

To this:

Neither look is really my style so I'm having the tailpipe cut flush with the bumper for a hidden tailpipe look. After that it should be time to mock up and install the cutouts.

Ghost10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to go back to the OEM look for the exhaust tailpipe exit (I hated the Magnaflow tip) and we ended going from this:

To this:

Neither look is really my style so I'm having the tailpipe cut flush with the bumper for a hidden tailpipe look. After that it should be time to mock up and install the cutouts.
Looking good,
Can’t wait to see a driving video, maybe a few drags at a stoplight against another ride ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stekun