Hot air......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, funny! I just read that the afterblow lasts 20-30 seconds. When it blows hot air it lasts for several minutes.
Well, you never said it lasted for more than a minute... and we are trying to help you so...... good luck man, hope you figure it out.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order to last that long the climate control is getting power. Could it be that it’s acting like the radio that stays on after turning the key off? It reminds me of remote start where it senses outside air temp and blows hot air till you turn the key on. Only problem is remote start means truck is running

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is this annoying, help me understand this?

Ok, the other day its 55 degrees outside. Had the heat/vent on like 70 degrees. Got a little warm in truck so I shut if off. A few minutes later its now hotter then a mofo, I feel the vent and its hot air blasting through the vents. Turned it on and off, lowered the temp to 60 and same thing! Hot air!! Went on for about 10 minutes. It happened a few times that day.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you never said it lasted for more than a minute... and we are trying to help you so...... good luck man, hope you figure it out.

Why do you keep taking my comments out of context? Maybe I could have been more clear but I am receptive to all the comments. Sorry if my quick replies (at work) come off the wrong way.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep taking my comments out of context? Maybe I could have been more clear but I am receptive to all the comments. Sorry if my quick replies (at work) come off the wrong way.
Nah, its fine, just seemed liked you’re shooting down everything thats put out there and being a dic....The k2xx platform is still pretty new and most guys on here are trouble shooting gmt800/900 problems... I understand its hard to read people over the internet and frustrating when you don’t get the answer you want to hear but like i said im trying to help ...
Did you try diverting the airflow somewhere else and then lowering the temp? Even when off and moving,unless recirculating button is pushed, air still flows through the vents....

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok, the other day its 55 degrees outside. Had the heat/vent on like 70 degrees. Got a little warm in truck so I shut if off. A few minutes later its now hotter then a mofo, I feel the vent and its hot air blasting through the vents. Turned it on and off, lowered the temp to 60 and same thing! Hot air!! Went on for about 10 minutes. It happened a few times that day.

When you're turning "it" on and off you mean the climate control unit or the truck? Are you driving, idling, or what? Do you have the ricirc button on or off?

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you're turning "it" on and off you mean the climate control unit or the truck? Are you driving, idling, or what? Do you have the ricirc button on or off?

Turning the climate control off I occasionally get the hot air coming from the vents while I am driving, although it happened once when I was parked idling. I tried the recirculate both on and off but I get the same thing. Hasn't happened now in about 1 week so lets see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt