Hot Air Coming From Vents Even when turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ace8077

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no idea why but from time to time I get hot air from my a/c vents even when the entire system is turned off. What gives?

I had a Ford Windstar a couple years back that did something like this. Come to find out it was the Blend door thing.

Ane else had any issues with this? It's the wife's car and she is fit to be tied.

I have purchased a used a/c thermstat cluster off ebay and still did the same thing.

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's just because of the ourside air going in you the hvac, the only way to prevent it is to change the blender to neutral or cold and then it should bypass the heater core, not sending in hot air.

OP
OP
A

ace8077

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I guess I should have stated that. It doesn't matter if it's all the way over to the cold setting (blue side as the wife says). It still comes out hot as hell. Blower moter in the off position, you still feel it coming thru the vents. Not high power or anything, but it does make it pretty uncomfortable when the outside air is cooler then the air coming from the vents in the OFF postion and not much you can do....lol

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's just because of the ourside air going in you the hvac, the only way to prevent it is to change the blender to neutral or cold and then it should bypass the heater core, not sending in hot air.
How to do this?? Having this issue? Just put it on ac and then shut it off? Or? What you mean by neutral

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe