Horrible noise coming from my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Can you replicate it at a stop?

Little tough to tell from the video so ima just spit ball at ya

- Shocks shot

- Spring isolators shot

- Brakes rubbing on wear indicator

- CV boots chattering

- Sway bar bushing(s)

- Upper/lower control arm bushing where it mounts to frame

- Bad wheel bearing / seal

- Bad output shaft seal on the front diff

- Belt slip

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SnowDrifter , front shocks were replaced in 2017 and don’t have that mainly miles on them. Brakes were done February of 2018, with drilled/slotted rotors and pads, those were just checked in February before I drove several hundred miles to mammoth ski area and back, and I was told they were good to go. Also sway bar bushings were replaced in 2015. Maybe they need to be replaced again, or just lubed?!
Also I could not replicate it at a stop, nor could I make it do it while driving by turning, braking and what not. It seems to be random so far.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can of wd40 or similar will be your friend here. Soak a part. Check if noise is still there. Move onto next.

New parts go bad. I wouldn't rule them out and chase your tail if it's an early failure on their part! Check it all!
That’s a good idea! I hadn’t thought of WD40!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be happy if it was as simple as a wheel hub and nothing else. Lol. I have to be at my clients shop all day tomorrow hammering out washes for him. So the guys are gonna check it out for me while I’m working. Hopefully it’s simple... I’ll update tomorrow when I know more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442