Hopefully will get a fullsize TBSS or GMT800 Tahoe RST built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted a Tahoe/Yukon to perform as good as a stock Trailblazer SS or better. Then GM introduced the Tahoe RST but I have always loved the GMT800 body style. I have gotten close improving everything but the power before selling it. Now with my 06 Yukon I am in the process of perfecting the suspension stance and handling. Upgrading the brakes and wheel and tire package. My question is what is the fastest NA GMT800? I could easily add boost but using the parts I have from 2 other projects will hopefully get the Yukon in the mid to upper 13s. That's my goal atleast, what has been accomplished over the years with this platform and what are some of the shortcomings people pushing them have run into?

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beside the transmission, it is a GM and they can't really build a suitable transmission without tons of mods.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cam, bolt ons, 4.10s in my 6.2 ran a 12.9 with a 1.7 60' gmt900

the gmt800 will prob weigh less, drag radial will prob launch better than awd did with out the entire suspension done

do a 4l80, a fresh stock build should hold up to a 450-500hp all day. wouldnt bother with a 4l60.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the parts I have is a Yank 3600 that will come out of my TBSS for a 4200-4400, 4.11 gears diff and hardened axles from my Silverado when it was Procharged, the 1 3/4" headers, the LS2 I have when I put a stroked LS3 in my TBSS that will either go back stock or a cheap 402 since I don't plan on spray or boost, the Fast 102 I will have ported from the Silverado I won't reuse because I am planning a TVS, obviously a built transmission, and 243s I will also have worked and a decent cam. 12.9 is stout though I was hoping for mid 13s. I don't know if I stay 364 I would make enough power to get into the 12s. What all was done to yours that is very impressive.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love an LSA or a turbo on my Yukon but then I have to look at 4L80E. My Silverado I'm planning a 388 and TVS2650 and it should be bat shit crazy. My Trailblazer has an 11.8 CR 416 that is rowdy as hell. So a little more mild NA Yukon that seats 7. Has a mild lope that doesn't repeat potato over and over again and without a turbo or SC should be fairly low maintenance. I have always though GM should have built a bad ass fullsize SUV then the RST came out and it is crying for a LT4 blower option. Have the NA one compete with the Durango SRT and a Tahoe RST X go after the Trackhawk, AMGs, BMW M SUVs, and fast Range Rovers. Maybe even develop a blower between the LT4 and LT5 for it. Like a TVS2150 or something. Because with that 10 speed it's a badass and obviously an OEM putting the LT5 in a Tahoe is insane.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 was just stock long block 10.4/10.7? compression
cam was pretty mild 218/228 with .600 lift (same one is still in it), hardened pushrods, pac springs, ls3 valves (hollow), rockers with trunion upgrade
1-7/8 speed engineering headers/ypipe/4" exhaust
circle d stall 258mm, 3600rpm, triple disc
E85/flex fuel sensor
LS3 throttle body
airraid intake/ tube
on stock flex fuel pump and injectors
5900lbs with me in it , just spare and 3rd row removed

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Trailblazer before the new motor went 12.8 with just bolt ond and a Yank 3600 and RPM Level 6. When we put the motor in I was thinking the added cubes and torque would make in stall higher. So I talked myself out of a 4200 or 4400. On a 325 M&H with the 3600 it wont cut better than a 1.8 60' and it has all the suspension to cut much better. Now it runs 11.8 full weight off the stree . I think with the right converter and few other changes it needs it should go 11.3-11.4. The Silverado has everything to support the build I'm planning, so if it makes the power it should mid to high 9s is my guess. If the Yukon runs a 13.6 I'd be satisfied. Using an app on my phone it went 15.8 and made 268 whp at the tire with a ported TB, 4" Duramax exhaust from the merge back that I had left over and a Borls muffler, and a couple hours of tuning. So if I pick up 150 hp going from a stock 5.3 to a cam LS2 with headers intake etc plus the gain from the stall and gear it could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos