Hood gap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShaginWagon

Reaction score
Just finished installing a pain in the ass new billet grill. Was taking pics for a friend who was interested in the final product. And now all of a sudden the hood gap bugs the hell out of me. I think I’ve noticed it through out the last couple weeks, but I played with everything I could just now and can’t adjust it. Also noticed that the hood latch has more play than I would like to see when it’s shut all the way. If anybody could or has that thread from on here and could give it, that would be a pleasure. Thanks in advance.

4FF57BAC-2E94-4E1A-920E-29EE1F468459.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like a problem with the hood. It looks like the grill is deformed. Or, whatever it attaches to (core support, etc.) is bent, making it sit crooked. I had an S10 that was in a minor wreck and the core support was tweaked, so the gaps between the grille and headlights, headlights and hood, corner lights and bumper, etc. were all uneven. I swapped the core support and everything mounted up in alignment.

OP
OP
ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon

Reaction score
Well initially that’s what I thought. However this pic was taken only a month ago. Starting to think it may be somewhere in the billet where it attaches maybe. I didn’t cut the original grill from the shell, I actually pulled the entire piece out (Black grill vent insert). Also thinking maybe that was part of keeping the shell formed.

026B8090-BEE8-4987-BAA9-DF2720E68711.jpeg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the billet might be pulling down on the grill. How'd you attach the billet portion to the grill? It might be too tight. The gap near the ends of the grill and headlights look fine

OP
OP
ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon

Reaction score
Looks like the billet might be pulling down on the grill. How'd you attach the billet portion to the grill? It might be too tight. The gap near the ends of the grill and headlights look fine
This particular billet application required being screwed into the shell. I’m thinking I’m going to remove it and bend the tabs out to relieve it some. That’s the only thing I could think causing the warp.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This particular billet application required being screwed into the shell. I’m thinking I’m going to remove it and bend the tabs out to relieve it some. That’s the only thing I could think causing the warp.

Thst would probably do it I'd give it a try

OP
OP
ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon

Reaction score
Problem found. Because I removed the entire vent instead of cutting it, this took away some of the upper support. Easy fix, going to put some bolts though it this wknd to push against the upper shell to raise it back to original height. Thank god the grill came with such clear instructions.

0C1375AB-50DB-44A0-9F93-154B006D078C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts