Homelink Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe High Country 4WD - Homelink is not getting any power - no lights and therefore not able to program. Everything else in the headliner console is working - lights, sunroof switches, etc. I've looked through the owner's manual to see if there is reference to a specific Homelink fuse but couldn't find one. Local dealer has a 5 day backlog of cars waiting for service so it may be awhile before I get this figured out. Any suggestions or fuse locations? Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's like the earlier models the Homelink is always powered. If you're not certain, turn on the key or start the truck and, using a voltmeter or test light, check the voltage to ground on both sides of each fuse in the in-cab fusebox. Each fuse has a built-in test point so no need to take it out of circuit. The one with power on one side but not the other is blown.

Fuse.JPG

Last edited:

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I've given up on Homelink. Our Yukon is the third vehicle we've had with it and none of them work. I got the Yukon to work on one of our doors for one afternoon. Next day, nothing.

I will note that if you're expecting that indicator to be very obvious, you'll be disappointed. On mine it's barely bright enough to see in the dark. During the day I can't see it at all. Try shading the light and see if you can see it then. It may be working but you just can't see it.

Southpaw1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe High Country 4WD - Homelink is not getting any power - no lights and therefore not able to program. Everything else in the headliner console is working - lights, sunroof switches, etc. I've looked through the owner's manual to see if there is reference to a specific Homelink fuse but couldn't find one. Local dealer has a 5 day backlog of cars waiting for service so it may be awhile before I get this figured out. Any suggestions or fuse locations? Thanks
It might be a power issue. The red light is tiny and almost invisible from the driver's seat. If I leaned in and looked straight up at it I finally saw the light.

OP
OP
J

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be a power issue. The red light is tiny and almost invisible from the driver's seat. If I leaned in and looked straight up at it I finally saw the light.
Well it works now...it probably was an "eyesight" issue. Dealer said they fixed it but no explanation,,,but it does work now.

JestersHK

Reaction score
Yes light is very faint when lit up, I just got ours working but after I programmed it our other vehicles and keypad stopped working and I had to reset them as well...