Hole in the oil pan, strange debris, but drives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things left to do (parts already here):
- Change rear shocks
- Change all brake pads and rotors
- Install front bottom air deflector
- Remove old/Install New differential cover & drain fill new gear oil
- Do some anti-rust treatment (since I'm in the "fix-mode")
- Re-paint door moldings (sun-burnt) , touch ups here and there
- buy a tire and install it (left front is needs to be replaced) and replace 2 frontal (one new tire was found on the 3rd row of seats)
- cut out whatever left from the carpet in the trunk and replace it with something (people were throwing food all over the place, so it was too much chicken for that carpet)

wish list planning to buy in september-december when will save some money, classic 20 rims, tires, and fancy headlights :mf_pcwhack: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/dl/invite/gM0e7Q9?ref_=wl_share

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning to change a differential cover and shocks but that spare tire just won't even move.
I read some people having problem with it but mine won't move at all.
Ready to cut this freaking rim..... :angry94:

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no choice but to cut the wire. I think I will use a very think bolt + nut with some crazy size "washer" to put the wheel back. Should work I guess. As a safety measure, would use a chain wrapped around the frame and the wheel.

Changed shocks, next step differential cover.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no choice but to cut the wire. I think I will use a very think bolt + nut with some crazy size "washer" to put the wheel back. Should work I guess. As a safety measure, would use a chain wrapped around the frame and the wheel.

Changed shocks, next step differential cover.
Why not get a new spare tire hoist? They’re pretty cheap.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the spare tire is hanging, kick the tire a few times with strong force, some times the spare tire would drop.

Or, roll down the spare tire a few inches, then quick roll up the tire all the way to stop with force; and repeat above action a few times, the tire would come down.

Cutting the wire is the last exit.

after I spent 3 hours under the car pulling the spare tire down I'm not sure that I want to come back to the same system. :confused:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after I spent 3 hours under the car pulling the spare tire down I'm not sure that I want to come back to the same system. :confused:

The old one siezed because it received NO maintenance. Get a new one, spray some white lithium grease in it, cycle it a couple of times, install. Then, maintain it. Every oil change, or so, go roll the spare down, clean and re-grease as appropriate. I don't think the things got any lubrication when new. Salt spray just makes matters worse.

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the spare tire is hanging, kick the tire a few times with strong force, some times the spare tire would drop.

Or, roll down the spare tire a few inches, then quick roll up the tire all the way to stop with force; and repeat above action a few times, the tire would come down.

Cutting the wire is the last exit.

I did all of that, and more :893karatesmiley-thu but unfortunately nothing helped. So I cut it.

OP
OP
PeteCT

PeteCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old one siezed because it received NO maintenance. Get a new one, spray some white lithium grease in it, cycle it a couple of times, install. Then, maintain it. Every oil change, or so, go roll the spare down, clean and re-grease as appropriate. I don't think the things got any lubrication when new. Salt spray just makes matters worse.

you're right about that, just the whole gm spare system made me sick but more than likely I'd do something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec