Hole in rubber flooring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a complicated solution... I don't have a welder, unfortunately, but I'm not sure I would want to drill holes for rivets. The original floorboard is excellent right now, so I think I'll keep the aim on just sealing up the hole.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
As long as you can find some suitable material any sealant that bonds to rubber should work just fine, I would maybe just wonder thru the hardware store and look for different rubber materials, you would be amazed at what can be used sometimes for cheap! just make sure whatever it is that it's durable.

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I addressed this today. Had a heck of a time finding rubber to use, so I trimmed a piece from under the second row seat. Shouldn't be an issue, as it's elevated and out of the way. I then trimmed the peeling piece in the front and gorilla epoxied the new piece from the second row. Once that dried, I went over it all with a heavy coat of spray bedliner. Not my prettiest repair, but I think it'll be water tight, and that was the goal.

Thanks for the input!
efbb4c31e94073de4d1fb1d6bcc50b10.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Shoe Goo. It’s self vulcanizing rubber. Use it to patch or bond another piece in.

7bc78e82d5add409b8a50aa912831a56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk