Hit 100K today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity..

Have you had any issues with the A/C?

Is your AFM still enabled?

Do your have a Catch Can?

Have you ever done a Induction Service?

Any major issues to report?

Just wondering. I am at 80K miles right now on my 2016 LT and so far just plain old regular maintenance every 5K miles. Knock on wood.

My wife has 95k on her ‘16 denali now and it hasnt had any of those issues. Well, actually absolutely no issues other than worn out shocks. All we've done is oil changes, tires and shocks. Hell, still running the original brakes!

OP
OP
rico387

rico387

Reaction score
Out of curiosity..

Have you had any issues with the A/C?

Is your AFM still enabled?

Do your have a Catch Can?

Have you ever done a Induction Service?

Any major issues to report?

Just wondering. I am at 80K miles right now on my 2016 LT and so far just plain old regular maintenance every 5K miles. Knock on wood.
**Addendum **
You said you have 80K miles- now is the time to make a decision on the future of your truck. When mine hit 100K miles, there was a giant flushing sound. That was my trade in value.
My Tahoe has been good to me. So, at 80K, the value was still good, but I decided to go long and keep it. I still have the ‘89 K1500 I bought new. I never regretted keeping Ol Blue and now, people pester me because they want to buy it. Just food for thought. Btw- ‘Ol Blue has 240K on the original engine.D8BA1A3A-66D5-414B-947A-8ACBA33AD62E.jpeg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**Addendum **
You said you have 80K miles- now is the time to make a decision on the future of your truck. When mine hit 100K miles, there was a giant flushing sound. That was my trade in value.
My Tahoe has been good to me. So, at 80K, the value was still good, but I decided to go long and keep it. I still have the ‘89 K1500 I bought new. I never regretted keeping Ol Blue and now, people pester me because they want to buy it. Just food for thought. Btw- ‘Ol Blue has 240K on the original engine.View attachment 241342

I just finished paying my Tahoe so do not want any more payments anytime soon. Plus I can not see buying a vehicle that looks almost exactly like the one I have now. I just assume fix it here and there then have payments.

Like you I keep up with service. My Tahoe is always ready to roll 24/7 no matter how far. I have zero complaints with my Tahoe since day 1.

Just had the brakes checked recently and to my amazement they are still good for another 5-10K miles at least.

I am probably on borrowed time with the a/c [has been on since day 1 as I never shut it off] so time will tell with that.

Only in the past couple of days the battery is sounding weak. Since I am almost due for service going let the GMC dealer put a new battery in while I am there next week.

I honestly HATE vehicle shopping as you just do not know if the vehicle your buying is going to be good or if it is going to go sideways. There are members right here in this forum that bought new 2019-2020 Tahoe-Yukon who had to go back to the dealer several times to get their vehicles back online again.

My Tahoe is extremely comfortable on long trips IMHO. It is the first vehicle I have owned that my back actually feels good after a 24-33 hour run [depending on nasty gridlock on I-95 which happens more often then not lately] from Miami-NYC.

My LT has the Luxury Package so I have everything I want in it.

My Tahoe handles great in the worst kind of weather and rides nice and smooth. Interior is nice and quiet.

I use zero oil between 4-5K miles oil changes. I still get around 24-25 MPG if it is all highway and traffic keeps moving. All that on plain old 87 octane Mobil.

For those reasons I have zero plans on selling my 2016 Tahoe LT.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished paying my Tahoe so do not want any more payments anytime soon. Plus I can not see buying a vehicle that looks almost exactly like the one I have now. I just assume fix it here and there then have payments.

Like you I keep up with service. My Tahoe is always ready to roll 24/7 no matter how far. I have zero complaints with my Tahoe since day 1.

Just had the brakes checked recently and to my amazement they are still good for another 5-10K miles at least.

I am probably on borrowed time with the a/c [has been on since day 1 as I never shut it off] so time will tell with that.

Only in the past couple of days the battery is sounding weak. Since I am almost due for service going let the GMC dealer put a new battery in while I am there next week.

I honestly HATE vehicle shopping as you just do not know if the vehicle your buying is going to be good or if it is going to go sideways. There are members right here in this forum that bought new 2019-2020 Tahoe-Yukon who had to go back to the dealer several times to get their vehicles back online again.

My Tahoe is extremely comfortable on long trips IMHO. It is the first vehicle I have owned that my back actually feels good after a 24-33 hour run [depending on nasty gridlock on I-95 which happens more often then not lately] from Miami-NYC.

My Tahoe handles great in the worst kind of weather and rides nice and smooth. Interior is nice and quiet.

I use zero oil between 4-5K miles oil changes. I still get around 24-25 MPG if it is all highway and traffic keeps moving. All that on plain old 87 octane Mobil.

Dont blame ya one bit! Run the shit out of it!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must enjoy coming through Fredericksburg and Northern Virginia on your treks between FL and N.Y. it either real fast or real slow. And if HOT lanes are available, real expensive!!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must enjoy coming through Fredericksburg and Northern Virginia on your treks between FL and N.Y. it either real fast or real slow. And if HOT lanes are available, real expensive!!

My heart starts racing once I get to Fredericksburg and Northern Virginia as I know the nightmare is about to begin. I generally drive like a snail thru there. I generally have lunch in the Woodbridge or Dumfries area since I am only going 0-5 MPH. Traffic by the rest area in Dale City is another nightmare every time I come thru. Ladysmith is sometimes another problem area.

I do use the Hot lanes if it is open but a lot of the time it is closed in my direction. Anything to keep moving. The PM rush hour seems to start at IPM in Northern VA. These people must start work at 2AM or before.

A friend lives in North Chesterfield VA so every so often lay over there. A lot of nice places for dinner over there. Otherwise I lay over in Emporia as it close to N.C.

A few months ago besides Virginia...Maryland was nightmare around the Maryland House and Delaware was a nightmare around some big Mall near the rest stop off I-95. That run went from 24 hours to 34 hours.

BTW I did try going I-26-1-81-I-78 a few times but that was no bargain as I got tied up on I-81 and I-78 due to incidents each time so saved zero time. I did save a ton on tolls as there is no tolls on those highways.

With that said heading back up there in April for a couple of weeks. I always expect the worst with traffic but always Pray for the best.

I will say the people in Virginia are extremely friendly.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m near Woodbridge and Dumfries-Triangle.

And yes, since you went there, 95 in MD and DE is awful on any weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts