High pitched noise from stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Good Q, what type of BT are you running behind the dash in the harness?

Have u tried undoing it to see if the annoying sound stopped?

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CRUX BTGM-33 Bluetooth® Interface​

Talk hands-free and stream music through the factory radio in select GM vehicles​

or very similar. It all worked fine for almost a year... was pain to tuck behind the head unit.. I'll try ground cables first.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, you've got a ground loop issue coming from either your your BT adapter or your head unit. First, check to see that all of your connector wires are fully inserted into their slots (sometimes they can back out through vibrations). I know that it is a PIA to go back into the dash to check, but you'll need to do it. Once you've confirmed that all of your connector wires are still fully inserted, then as suggested above, disconnect the BT adapter and see of the sound goes away. If the sound goes away, then the source of the issue is your BT adapter. If the sound remains, then the source of your issue is most likely your head unit (one or more of the electrolytic filter capacitors probably dried out and is no longer effective).

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it. Will do and report. It's 100 outside, so in few days.
Thank you all

garyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you running your bluetooth from the AUX port?

I run BT in the AUX port and started to get this about a year ago, it is the connection in the jack, if I "spin" the jack in the port it clears up and gets worse, depending on the rotation.

I had the same issue. Made the whining noise, relative to the rpm, if I had a cord plugged into the jack or not. With the cord plugged in, I could spin the cord, and get different whining noises. I had the aux jack replaced, about $75, and it cleared up the issue.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has rear entertainment system, then a common radio issue is the rear entertainment head unit internals have been damaged. Reach back next time it is doing it and wiggle the rear knobs to see if the pitch changes etc if so replace the rear head unit. Mine was damaged by a kids backpack strap hanging the knob when the back pack was passed from rear to front between the seats. (dang kids)

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already replaced rear stereo. This worked for maybe a month and noise came back.

algilson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it has rear entertainment system, then a common radio issue is the rear entertainment head unit internals have been damaged. Reach back next time it is doing it and wiggle the rear knobs to see if the pitch changes etc if so replace the rear head unit. Mine was damaged by a kids backpack strap hanging the knob when the back pack was passed from rear to front between the seats. (dang kids)
This ^^^. We replaced that unit on our 2008 Sub LTZ and it instantly solved a problem that sounds the same.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I said - I already replaced the rear stereo. It worked only temporarily and I'm not going to pay$120 every few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts