High Pitch Noise when turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a real interesting one last night. A few days ago we heard a high pitched noise for about 5-10 seconds that sounded like a smoke detector does when it's battery is almost dead but constant. Like a very constant high pitch sound that starts soft and then increases in volume and then fades out over that time period.

We assumed it was a smoke detector, checked the house, all seemed good. It had stopped so we left it at that.

Last night it happened three times. We never caught it last night.

All this time, the Tahoe is parked outside turned off.

This morning however, my wife is driving the Tahoe and she hears the exact same noise coming from the truck. I don't have any info on whether the truck was being driven or if she parked it and heard it or whatnot. I just got a text this morning that the truck is making the sound we heard.

Has anyone experienced this or know what this might be? I'll take it to the dealer next week.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is hard to tell without being able to see the vehicle. My guess would be that it was parked, since it made that noise when it was parked at home? Let us know what you find out after you go to the dealer. If you want to send me your name and VIN number I can try and check into this for you as well.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

OP
OP
S

shizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I talked to my wife after she got home from work. Turns out it was her cell phone. Apparently this is happening to several people after that latest Android update.

Crisis averted! :)

Still going to the dealer for the peeling steering wheel though...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts