High Mileage Oil ????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merlin1128

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use to use Lucas products religiously many years ago and so did my mechanic, but we feel it is not the same as it use to be back then. The latest, greatest stuff that has been around forever Sea Foam is what we use now. I fix water craft and does this stuff clean out a carburetor making getting rid of any slight hesitation and making the throttle response crisp as can be. I had to tear down a motor for an overhaul that was super old that I used Sea Foam putting it in the fuel/oil mixture and could not believe how clean this motor was when I got into it compared to others I have done. What I do is about 200 miles before my oil change is put it in the oil as when you read the instructions this stuff can go in just about anything. They also have a product called Trans Tune and I always had this little slight clunk noise in my 05 Tahoe when it shifted from 1st to 2nd gear. Of course the dealership back then said it was normal which I knew it was not with my buddies not having this at all. Then got it only effects some and not all excuse. It was never a big deal with it being so slight of a clunk but when I read about this Trans Tune I figured I would give it a try and put some in. I would have to guess and say about maybe 20 miles of driving after all those years of this slight little clunk I was told was normal was gone and still gone to this day. What it cleared out or what it did I have zero clue. So needless to say I am a firm believer of Sea Foam products from past experiences using them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts