High idle at start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nsmith

nsmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What happens if you unplug the coolant temp sensor? Not the sender for the gauge but the sensor for the open and closed loop info to computer.
I’m ok at mechanics but that went, maybe the terminology, above my head. Is it just the fuse lol?

02 Yukon XL
Everything under hood is new~newer trans
CAI~headers ~flowmaster~billsteins~moogs
20’s on Nittos

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks Tony.

GM can change things but that location used to be for the sender and the sensor was up by where the thermostat used to be on top of the intake.

As I look at RA for this they list a sensor but no sender. The two may now be all in one design. If you read the description though it talks about how it communicates with the computer to adjust air/fuel as it warms and even effects timing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nsmith

nsmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All my issues are with AC on. Would the sensor be messing with computer when AC gets kicked on?

02 Yukon XL
20’s on Nittos

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a screen delete? if you remove the screen from the MAF that changes air flow characteristics. You also mentioned electric fans which are not standard on an '02 Yukon. Did you have someone do a tune on it?

OP
OP
nsmith

nsmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is a screen delete? if you remove the screen from the MAF that changes air flow characteristics. You also mentioned electric fans which are not standard on an '02 Yukon. Did you have someone do a tune on it?
It was an eBay kit that hasn’t given me any issues in 3+ yrs. I have a temp probe that tells them to kick on and then wired into AC when AC kicks on they kick on. Screen from MAF is deleted. But no issues in 2+yrs I’ve had that. My issues seem to be with AC on only. I’ve done some reading up and replace temp sensor and see if that makes a difference.

02 Yukon XL
20’s on Nittos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts